Dallas Stars Uniform Concepts

shane1551

I created these uniform concepts based on the recently leaked Dallas Stars logos. I don't have much experience in uniform design, in fact this is my first attempt at designing a hockey uniform. But when I saw the supposed new logos for my Stars, I had to give it a shot!

Home Uniform:

rLYTtIMh.png

Away Uniform:

ID5oQI8h.png

Alternate Uniform:

FIOwxgJh.png

This alternate jersey works as a franchise heritage set. The jersey and socks are supposed to replicate a variation of the Minnesota North Stars uniforms, replacing the gold for silver. The pants are meant to be an homage to the 90's Stars breezers. I also updated the Stars old alternate logo to fit the scheme of the rebrand.

What do you guys think of the designs?

First of all, hello fellow Redditor.

Second of all, the chest logo is looking really off-centre. Put the "D" square in the centre, not the centre of the star.

Plus, having a third the same colour as the home just looks sloppy most of the time.

Other than those two things, it looks great: the colours are used well, the striping is well laid-out, and that font looks great.

Good job!

Execution wise for your first attempt, actually really good. Just some things. Looks like the logo is too big. And for the shoulder numbers for some reason the #1 looks bigger than the #2. Then for the hem stripes (waist stripes) the stitching should stop at the beginning of the striping pattern. But concept wise, these are very nice. I would just incorporate some silver in their somewhere, whether it be in the striping pattern just outlining it, or outlining the shoulder yoke. But overall good job on your first concept!

Not a bad first attempt. Aside from what's been mentioned, my biggest gripe is that green yoke on the away sweater. It just looks unbalanced with the prodominatly black stripes and breezers. Change that and I think you've got a pretty good set here.

Cody, the logos are too big and the captain's patch is too small. As well, shoulder yokes and shoulder patches don't go well together - pick one, not both. Also, I don't really see the purpose in putting the roundel as the shoulder patch, since that makes the same logo appear three times on the jersey.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

First of all, hello fellow Redditor.

Plus, having a third the same colour as the home just looks sloppy most of the time.

Thanks for the tips, Redditor! Also, I tried a silver alternate uniform, and it just didn't look right to me. It ended up looking like a dirty road jersey. I didn't want to go the generic black alternate road, so I just settled on the green one. But, I can definitely see how it seems sloppy. I kind of just wanted get that look out there. In my head the idea seemed awesome, so I had to put it out there.

Not a bad first attempt. Aside from what's been mentioned, my biggest gripe is that green yoke on the away sweater. It just looks unbalanced with the prodominatly black stripes and breezers. Change that and I think you've got a pretty good set here.

More than anything with the green yoke, I was trying to make it look not so much like a green Devils Jersey. I had it black for the first while, but then I realized I basically remade the Devil's jerseys, so I did that to separate it. Thanks for the comment!

Archived