ABA Revival

Turkleton

Ive decided to stray from my Soccer Concepts thread for a while and start again on a project I originally started years ago - The ABA Revival. Basically, I'll be rebranding various ABA teams with new logos and uniforms. I've decided to do teams in cities that dont currently have a franchise. Not all the teams will be rebranded, but there are 10 teams that I'll be putting in here. Due to time constraints they wont be coming very fast and any C&C will be greatly received, however I wont be making changes to any I've already posted. Rather, I'll take the advice and opinions and apply that to the next concept. Also partly due to time and partly because I just prefer how it looks, I'm just doing the jerseys and not the shorts. Basketball uniforms are'nt my forte either but I will have a go! First up...

Anaheim Amigos

Kept the first one simple, and stayed away from the obvious Mexican conotations. The double A logo signifies the 'Amigos' part of it, two A's close together! Unis pretty simple as well, in keeping with the logo.

Logo

7ve.png

Home

3sf.png

Away

iz9.png

Alt

9g5.png

sigen.jpg

Like the logo, noticed that the circle around the two A's makes them look like a sombrero. try and do something with the unis, just put a little more details on them.

The sombrero wasnt intentional I've only just noticed that! The unis were my first attempt in a long time, I have to keep my mind wandering back to soccer kits and their design elements. I've also been considering just doing the logos from now on as well... Not sure yet.

sigen.jpg

Like the logo, noticed that the circle around the two A's makes them look like a sombrero. try and do something with the unis, just put a little more details on them.

The sombrero wasnt intentional I've only just noticed that! The unis were my first attempt in a long time, I have to keep my mind wandering back to soccer kits and their design elements. I've also been considering just doing the logos from now on as well... Not sure yet.

Yeah i think making logos now, unis later sounds good.

• 2 weeks later...

As advised by OliverP, for now Im going to just post the logos. If this little project goes well I may revisit it and add some unis. This logo is the Baltimore Claws.

The original logo is green and yellow, which I decided to change. I know I wanted a crab/lobster character, so a new red/black/white scheme is what I went with. I added a light blue accent colour as well, which in the uniforms I think would work well. I also think it sets off the original 3 colours quite nicely. I kept the original ball, although I updated it, and wanted to keep an element of the original logo, so I kept the 'C' surrounding the basketball. I realise its very cartoonish but the further along I got, the more I liked it.

Claws logo

yt0a.png

sigen.jpg

Can you make the lines cleaner. just by doing that you will make everything look better.

I try to get the logos as clean as I can, its just the limitations of Paint. I have made efforts to learn other programmes but for the amount I post on here and various other reasons...I just stick with Paint.

sigen.jpg

I still don't see that at all. It looks like a halo, in which case it'd make a decent Anaheim Angels concept.

I'd stick with paint, there's just something really nice about a well made paint concept. But I think the Claws one should be reworked, if this is modern, you wouldn't seea cartoon-y logo still existing. It's well rendered but I think your best call is to make it more modern

Its not supposed to be a halo or a hat, its a hoop which forms the horizontal part of the 'A'!

I knew the Claws logo was going to be cartoony and that it wouldnt be everyones favourite, but I just got into it as I was doing it and went with it. All C&C has been taken on board for the next one though. Which if anyone is interested, is the San Diego Sails. (Rolls of the tongue better than the Conquistadors)

sigen.jpg

Possible cities?

St. Louis

Tampa Bay

Kansas City

Vancouver

Richmond or Virginia Beach-Norfolk

San Diego

Pittsburgh

Louisville

Fresno

Little Rock