The Q Pirates

TShaw528

For NCAA 14 Teambuilder (It's not out yet, just getting a head start with a logo) I am making a team named 'Pirates' with a college name that starts with Q.

So first off, anyone know of any cities (Besides Queens, NY) that start with Q?

Also, I could use some help with the logo. Due to Teambuilder having a limit of 256x256 pixels, it'll look a bit unclean, but I don't think that's my biggest issue. I could use some tips with how to improve the head/face, what to put in the white area on the pirate's shirt (If anything), and any other suggestions.

Thanks!

FjX6ty1.png

There's not many large American cities that start with Q. Quincy, MA I think is the largest. It's home to Quincy College and Eastern Nazarene College.

try putting buttons (?) on the pirate's shirt.

Also I'm dissapointed in your lack of John De Lancie.

There's not many large American cities that start with Q. Quincy, MA I think is the largest. It's home to Quincy College and Eastern Nazarene College.

try putting buttons (?) on the pirate's shirt.

Also I'm dissapointed in your lack of John De Lancie.

Who is John De Lancie?

F2euEF4.png

- Made shirt button down

- Changed QP on hat to the Skull and Crossbones

- Made Sword bigger

- Minor touch ups to shirt cuffs and hook

- Made belt buckle yellow

Quantico (VA or MD)

Quakertown, PA

I'm liking Quantico, though the one in VA has only about 500 people... And I live about 20 minutes away from Q-Town, can't believe I forgot about them.

Who is John De Lancie?

He is Q, THE Q.

no Q is complete without him.

(or just google him.)

I never really got into Star Trek, though he lives about an hour away from me.

Seems like most of the cities that start with Q are either small, or not-good college towns (I've been to Quakertown, PA, and it would be horrid for a college) so maybe I'll go with a name or something. John Quincy Adams University, Quillen University, Qunncollege, etc.

Quahog? It's fictional, but Peter Griffin approves.

Or you can go with a name that's not a city - like "Quebec College" or something.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Quahog? It's fictional, but Peter Griffin approves.

Or you can go with a name that's not a city - like "Quebec College" or something.

Yeah, I was thinking of a name like Quinn College or something. I like Quebec College (Quebec City is one of my favorite cities in the world) but this is for NCAA 14 so it wouldn't really make sense for the team to be in Canada.

NCAA 14 lets you put a team in Canada.

I have NCAA 12 and you can create a team from Canada. The only drawback is that you don't get provinces/states like you get with the USA. You can make a team from Florida or Maine, but you cannot make a team specifically from Quebec, Manitoba or Alberta - just "Canada."

In fact, I often make Canadian teams because it's simpler to make a fake school there. In America, I'll try to make some "Northern State College Tech" only to discover that school, does in fact, exist and my team mascot and colors are nowhere close to accurate.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Your lines need to be THICKER, much, much thicker. And more fluid. What makes a good logo is its fluid, simple, and thick lines. Also, simplicity is key. Your logo has a lot of details in it which could be simplified, (i.e. amount of buttons).

I think this has potential and I love the color scheme. Keep at it.

Archived