Bohob's NHL Redesign Part II: Electric Boogaloo

bohob

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you have the entire album up, I'll comment and confirm the love for the Blue Jackets, Capitals and Coyotes. Well done sets across the board.

However, I really don't like the set for my Sharks. An admirable attempt to continue with the teal, but I'm not digging that primary at all and that 3rd is just bad. Overall, there's good work in many spots, but I really think the Sharks set leaves more to be desired.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Guest darkpiranha

Would people be interested in seeing the original 12 teams I did a while back? Just to see where this series started?

Please do, sir.

Guest darkpiranha

Newer stuff is definitely better and shows more sophisticated design, but I love the Flames, especially the flaming horse.

Canucks: nearly perfect. The sleeve stripes on the home and road need fixing, though. Right now, even though you were clearly trying for the stripe V from their throwbacks, right now it just looks like a random triangle interrupting the stripes.

Oilers: everything's perfect except the color scheme. I think the navy/copper/red color scheme would look better with this.

Blues: I would darken the navy a bit because right now the color scheme lacks contrast. Otherwise solid.

Penguins: perfect.

Red Wings: perfect.

Rangers: I'm not really a fan of any of it, to be honest. The primary logo is just a weird and misshapen version of their current one and would be a downgrade from what they already have. The vintage white just isn't working as a full-time look.

Blue Jackets: logos are excellent, sleeve stripes are excellent - that being said, I'm not a fan of the yoke or the hem stripes on the home and road. I would just use the striping design from the third on all the sweaters. Like with the Rangers, the vintage white just doesn't look good.

Maple Leafs: logo is a downgrade, everything else is fine.

Coyotes: brilliant, especially that third.

Capitals: nearly perfect - though I'd love to see it in their '90s color scheme.

Lightning: the fat striping just looks awkward, the color scheme on the home sweater looks bland. I do like that you brought back the victory stripes.

Sharks: not a fan of this one.

Flames: very nice.

Kings: solid, the road sweater should be yellow though.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I do plan on going back and revising a couple of teams (*cough* Sharks *cough*) once I finish the league. I also may do another defunct team or two (Whalers? Nordiques?). I already did one, but they weren't defunct until after I did them. Speaking of…

Thrashers

thrashers_id4.jpg

thrashers_homeuni.jpg

thrashers_awayuni.jpg

thrashers_altuni.jpg

Canadiens

canadiens_id2.jpg

canadiens_homeuni.jpg

canadiens_awayuni3.jpg

canadiens_altuni.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. @LightsOut: Two things. 1) The Blue Jackets jerseys are based on a Civil War uniform, which has shoulder details. 2) Can't do a yellow road for LA. The Predators currently have a yellow home, and I don't really plan on changing that aspect of their brand.

Thrashers: everything's perfect except for the unnecessary piping. I actually like the use of vintage white here because it goes well with brown and yellow.

Habs: everything's perfect except for the alternate - just imagine how nausea-inducing that would look in action on the ice! :P

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Capitals: nearly perfect - though I'd love to see it in their '90s color scheme.

The DC flag pattern (a really integral part of this concept) would be lost with the red/white interaction. I understand everyone has a preference, but I try to add a degree of rationale to the designs whenever possible.

Archived