C&C on this logo

JMurr

I will darken the cactus and see how that looks. Also I think it probably needs some shading to add depth, maybe.

The font comes from the website Dafont and is called Butch & Sundance. What do you guys think of it? Has anyone seen a font they would recommend that they think might fit this concept better?

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

This logo has a lot of potential...but it needs some work. I like the overall design but it looks just to plain and like a rainbow of colors. I suggest adding a little more detail to the cactus (like prickles or something), adding some shading to the sun, and changing the color scheme. I think it would look good if the cactus was more of a forest green, if the sun was yellow, and the writing was white with a black shadow/stroke.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sig_zps59dc7d9c.png

NEWSGG copy.png

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments. Keep them coming. Below are a couple examples of how I have tweaked the concept with your advice in mind. Let me know what works, what you like and what not.

I tried experimenting with shadows. Also making the cactus a darker green seemed to be a popular opinion so I went ahead and did that.

@ ThePeam on the first one I tried to work with a similar font that had a shadow. I hoped to make it white with a black shadow as you suggested however this font in this form are transparent I can only add color to the shadow. I will maybe look for another font that would have something like you suggest but this font has thus far been rather popular and I must agree I think it fits the concept well. Any particular font you think might work?

@mordred58 I think the color pallet is going to be something like the forest green that now makes up the cactus (this is likely going to be the color of the home uni), the orange or yellow that is used on the sun, and white. I think that eventually the font will be done in White. That had been my intention to do for the second shown below but I missed that, so picture that one with white letters and perhaps down the road something like ThePeam suggested. What do you think? You are a little ahead of me but perhaps you have some suggestions for the unis?

@St. Louis Cardinals on the second of the concepts below I had you suggestion in mind when I added the gradient to the sun. I think this is more fitting as opposed to Arizona’s uniform numbers that use more of a solid break as the colors transition. Thoughts?TucsonSeguaros1990B_zpsce92fd17.pngTucsonSeguaros1990C_zpsb445bbf4.png

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

I think the black stroke around the white letters goes a long way. what about smoothing out the top edges of the cactus? I think saguaros are smoother...also, since it is such a large part of the logo, I'd add some small needles or something to help break up that space a little bit....and...just throwing this out there...what about putting a cowboy hat or sombrero on the cactus? i'm thinking of something your "mascot" could wear directly from the logo...

I agree with mordred58 the cactus needs to "rounder." Also, maybe you could try and spreading the letters out in "TUCSON" but its not necessary. This is making great progress.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sig_zps59dc7d9c.png

NEWSGG copy.png

Archived