Card For Drew Stubbs Himself! Ideas!

AndrewsDesignsUS

Hey People,

I Really Need Ideas For This 2 Make It Look Better

Card so far http://gyazo.com/4b90be684f138c81e3337215b1d9e7a7

Designed This Card For Drew Stubbs Himself!

Can anyone help me make this card better.

Remember This Is for Drew Stubbs.

Designing Blank Baseball Cards GREAT for getting signed!!! Order Up Guys!! cheap

So is this a custom made baseball card that you are making for Stubbs? Looks good so far, assuming that you are putting an action photo of him in the plate.

No the plate is where he is going to sign the card

Designing Blank Baseball Cards GREAT for getting signed!!! Order Up Guys!! cheap

So this is for Drew Stubbs himself? Are you giving it to him to keep and treasure fohever?

OK, being a jerk aside, it's a decent design that does what it's supposed to do. It doesn't detract from the upcoming signature and it tells you who signed it. You could get fancier but it's not needed. You have the blessing of the forum. Print it out (on heavy stock) get his attention, have him sign it and don't put it on Ebay.

So this is for Drew Stubbs himself? Are you giving it to him to keep and treasure fohever?

OK, being a jerk aside, it's a decent design that does what it's supposed to do. It doesn't detract from the upcoming signature and it tells you who signed it. You could get fancier but it's not needed. You have the blessing of the forum. Print it out (on heavy stock) get his attention, have him sign it and don't put it on Ebay.

Drew Stubbs actually requested I made a card for him to make it easier for him to sign in the mail.

Guest darkpiranha

You can probably make him a lot bigger and have him slightly overlap the plate. And if you want to customize it for this year, maybe put something like "OF - Cleveland Indians - 2013"

Drew Stubbs actually requested I made a card for him to make it easier for him to sign in the mail.

Do you mind if I give it a try?

Do you mind if I give it a try?

Let me see what you can do!

9599820621_ddaeef58c8.jpg

Drew Stubbs by Darth_Brooks_, on Flickr

If you click on the link it will get bigger and you can find the full sized version.

I took your idea and worked with it. Home Base is still there but now it's a photo rather than a graphic. I wanted to find a picture where he was smiling and facing the center of the card (where his sig will be.) Note that while Drew is in front of the plate, it's also in front of the border which is also both in front of and behind Drew.

I played around with the back before making it look like an official file. In researching his stats I can on a page with a ton of them so I decided to use them in this way. Biggest thing is that I wanted it to look different than the average card. Person flips it over and says "cool there's stuff to read."

Part of being a designer is taking control, emphasizing some elements and using the tools you have. It will take time but you want to build visual interest. Look at what you've done and LOOK at it again and see how you can make it more interesting.

Use crap like the rule of thirds, http://imgur.com/gallery/XrapY and DaVinci's principles of Art. Learn Photoshop as a main standby (everything here was done in PS), Illustrator, because raster drawing is different than Pixel drawing and InDesign for text.

You had a good idea. Spend some time learning what you are doing.

9599820621_ddaeef58c8.jpg

Drew Stubbs by Darth_Brooks_, on Flickr

If you click on the link it will get bigger and you can find the full sized version.

I took your idea and worked with it. Home Base is still there but now it's a photo rather than a graphic. I wanted to find a picture where he was smiling and facing the center of the card (where his sig will be.) Note that while Drew is in front of the plate, it's also in front of the border which is also both in front of and behind Drew.

I played around with the back before making it look like an official file. In researching his stats I can on a page with a ton of them so I decided to use them in this way. Biggest thing is that I wanted it to look different than the average card. Person flips it over and says "cool there's stuff to read."

Part of being a designer is taking control, emphasizing some elements and using the tools you have. It will take time but you want to build visual interest. Look at what you've done and LOOK at it again and see how you can make it more interesting.

Use crap like the rule of thirds, http://imgur.com/gallery/XrapY and DaVinci's principles of Art. Learn Photoshop as a main standby (everything here was done in PS), Illustrator, because raster drawing is different than Pixel drawing and InDesign for text.

You had a good idea. Spend some time learning what you are doing.

Thanks for the feedback! and taking your time out to write the ideas! I like the design and I will try to incorporate some of your ideas in my new design. Thanks again!

Archived