NFC East Concepts (Updated Dallas on page 2)

adam__cain

I really love the Eagles and Dallas sets (with the exception of the Dallas alt). I'm curious how Dallas would look with a color scheme that both splits the difference between their navy and royal and also between their silver and blue green.

The Skins/Rebels look doesn't work on many levels. I'm not a fan of the aesthetics or of how it fits in with the DC area.

1. The 13 stars make little sense. Yeah, there are 13 stripes on our flag but by the time DC became an actual city and the capital moved from Philly, there were 16 states. A star motif isn't a bad idea but 3 stars is the way to go. For one, it comes from the city flag, which is very popular; and two, it could represent the 3 states/district in the DMV.

2. Rebels doesn't fit in with the city in terms of the word in its American context. We always use the term Patriots, not rebels, when referring to the American Revolution. Rebels almost unanimously refers to the Confederacy, which is about the exact opposite of DC in terms of symbolism. Even with the Civil War aside, DC area residents for obvious reasons tend to not identify with rebels as their identity. It would be a bad move branding-wise. Lastly, by the time DC became a city, the US was about 20 years removed from being in a state of rebellion, so the fact that we revolted still doesn't pertain to the city.

I like the idea of the stars but there is just to many of them everywhere. I'd make the R within the stars a little more 'powerful', instead of just a plain R with little detail. Similar to the other concept on these forums, a powerful R makes it look good when there's other things around it.

I really love the Eagles and Dallas sets (with the exception of the Dallas alt). I'm curious how Dallas would look with a color scheme that both splits the difference between their navy and royal and also between their silver and blue green.

The Skins/Rebels look doesn't work on many levels. I'm not a fan of the aesthetics or of how it fits in with the DC area.

1. The 13 stars make little sense. Yeah, there are 13 stripes on our flag but by the time DC became an actual city and the capital moved from Philly, there were 16 states. A star motif isn't a bad idea but 3 stars is the way to go. For one, it comes from the city flag, which is very popular; and two, it could represent the 3 states/district in the DMV.

2. Rebels doesn't fit in with the city in terms of the word in its American context. We always use the term Patriots, not rebels, when referring to the American Revolution. Rebels almost unanimously refers to the Confederacy, which is about the exact opposite of DC in terms of symbolism. Even with the Civil War aside, DC area residents for obvious reasons tend to not identify with rebels as their identity. It would be a bad move branding-wise. Lastly, by the time DC became a city, the US was about 20 years removed from being in a state of rebellion, so the fact that we revolted still doesn't pertain to the city.

The 13 stars are the 13 colonies, like seen on an "original"American Flag. I took this as a DC the capital of America, vs DC a city near Maryland and Virginia. I know that Rebels would never be approved as a team name, but I think the reference is there. I am curious (seriously not sarcastically) if you live in the DC area? I am also curious (again not sarcasm) to see how you feel the Redskin mascot relates to the DC area, especially since that was the nickname before the team came to Washington.

I like the idea of the stars but there is just to many of them everywhere. I'd make the R within the stars a little more 'powerful', instead of just a plain R with little detail. Similar to the other concept on these forums, a powerful R makes it look good when there's other things around it.

What if I dropped the shoulder number star? Would that fix the issue?

Ha...Rebels would get the liberals crying racism even louder than the Redskins name.

Not a fan of the look with the stars for a few reasons:

*Too busy.

*Their arch-rival Dallas has stars.

*The R looks straight out of MS Word. The Gibbs script R would be better.

Also, the "America's Team" moniker only exists in the media now. More Americans hate Dallas with a passion than are fans. :D

87Redskins.png

The 13 stars are the 13 colonies, like seen on an "original"American Flag. I took this as a DC the capital of America, vs DC a city near Maryland and Virginia. I know that Rebels would never be approved as a team name, but I think the reference is there. I am curious (seriously not sarcastically) if you live in the DC area? I am also curious (again not sarcasm) to see how you feel the Redskin mascot relates to the DC area, especially since that was the nickname before the team came to Washington.

Adam, I do live in the DC area and my comments were made with a mind toward the fact that DC is its own place that is separate from a generic US identity. I don't think the 'Skins relate to DC at all. But of course many team names have no relation to their city's identity and that is OK. It did seem like this Rebels concept was made to be mindful of DC's specific identity. And to Buster's comment, I don't think it would be unpopular mainly due to politics or PC concerns but because it just isn't representative of the city it aims to represent.

I dig the Thanksgiving "America's Team" homage to the 1976 season, but a few questions: is there any reason why the red and blue stripes are narrower than the white stripe on the helmet, why the white stripe on the sleeve is extra narrow (compared to the regular blue/white/blue jersey), and why you left out the NFL shield? Thanks. Great work, by the way.

Here are the first two teams of my NFC East vision. The Dallas Cowboys and NY Giants:

dallaswhite_zpsc783feff.jpg

dallasblue_zpsf2c2dab2.jpg

dallasthanksgiving_zpsc74797d3.jpg

giantshome_zpse2e829f9.jpg

giantsroad_zps7d717e61.jpg

I looked at some of the suggestions and reworked Dallas. I lightened the blue, and switched the silver to a blueish gray, sort of like what they pants looked like in the 70s. I added the chest wordmark, because I felt the previous design was just missing something.

70dallashome_zpsf571fe46.jpg

70dallasroad_zps4753f9b1.jpg

I dig the Thanksgiving "America's Team" homage to the 1976 season, but a few questions: is there any reason why the red and blue stripes are narrower than the white stripe on the helmet, why the white stripe on the sleeve is extra narrow (compared to the regular blue/white/blue jersey), and why you left out the NFL shield? Thanks. Great work, by the way.

Here are the first two teams of my NFC East vision. The Dallas Cowboys and NY Giants:

dallaswhite_zpsc783feff.jpg

dallasblue_zpsf2c2dab2.jpg

dallasthanksgiving_zpsc74797d3.jpg

giantshome_zpse2e829f9.jpg

giantsroad_zps7d717e61.jpg

The alternate I just forgot the shield, and the stripes were meant more as an outline to the white instead of 3 equal stripes.

• 5 months later...

Love the Dallas unis, especially the number shape and blue jerseys. I would keep their current silver/blue/green pants with the white jerseys though. Love that "sharkskin" color.

Also like the lighter blue for Dallas in place of the navy. I'm torn!

I looked at some of the suggestions and reworked Dallas. I lightened the blue, and switched the silver to a blueish gray, sort of like what they pants looked like in the 70s. I added the chest wordmark, because I felt the previous design was just missing something.

70dallashome_zpsf571fe46.jpg

70dallasroad_zps4753f9b1.jpg

Love this. I think the blue-silver should be lightened a bit as well, but this is what the Cowboys should be wearing. Classic. Clean. Historic and modern at the same time. Love it.

Archived