Canada's Olympic/National Hockey Sweaters

sparkychewbarky

You are AWESOME!!!

Thank u u2.

I really like A. D and E are cool too.

I like the 'A' option also, but I didn't expand on it because it's a pretty traditional option. I just moved the double stripe up from the waist.

Thanks for the feedback Peam.

Hmm, I really like option C, particularly the updated version. Very modern, but still very classy.

I tweaked 'C' with the suggestions from ES13 and greyraven. For a "new" look, I think it has the most potential.

...Appreciate the feedback Lafarge.

4) C is interesting... I feel the design would be a little more solid with the negative space underneath replicating the distinct maple leaf shape rather than generic diagonals it has now. A leaf inside a leaf kind of look, similar to previous designs, and paid homage to by the shoulder leaves design on the actual current sweaters.

Thanks for the great advice once more ES. You put a lot of thought into your responses, and you've got a good eye.

The 2nd maple leaf shape was right there and just needed a single peak added to bring it out.

Great improvement.

On the alternate, home, away set:

Think the minimalist style of the home and away might look better either without the 'CANADA' word mark, or if keeping it do it in one colour bigger blockier letters; not sure if removing 'CANADA' would be an improvement or not for the alternate. One idea for the alternate may be to try more striping for the socks (like the 1920s Hamilton Tigers).

http://nhluniforms.com/DefunctTeams/Tigers2.html

or even

http://nhluniforms.com/DefunctTeams/Tigers3.html

Of the A-F

Like C the most. Argyle-leaf sweater idea very good looking and original. Only tweeking I can think of is maybe moving the main chest "argyle-leaf" down a little bit or moving the small leaf with "CANADA" up more. If moving the small leaf up maybe could also make the small leaf into an white oval patch and have the leaf and CANADA in red. Just spitballing here.

Always have preferred the Canada Cup jerseys to the 1972 Summit Series one, but your updated 1972 one is an improvement on the original.

Of everyone on this forum look forward to Sparky's posts the most.

Thank you greyraven. That's quite the compliment considering all the talent on these boards...appreciated. You must be a hockey guy :lol: .

I tried your sock idea and it didn't look right with this design.

However, I moved the argyle-leaf and smaller leaf as you suggested and made the minimalistic flag-sweater even more minimalistic by removing the word "Canada".

Option 'F'- The '72 tribute sweater, should be one that Hockey Canada has in its closet at all times, to use at any time.

So, the flag-sweater gets simplified even further and is definitely a super-clean design.

The maple leaf has a subtle maple leaf flag inside of it...

3-20.jpg

After implementing ES13 and greyraven's suggestions, I think I now like the Argyle-Leaf design the best.

In fact, it would look good on a lot of Team Canada stuff...

3-19.jpg

3-21.jpg

Thanks again everyone.

"Toim t' get back to moi Kraiyk'n stuff, argghh." (that was me pirate voice)

Gorgeous... That there is a sweet looking sweater! I actually think you've got your best version yet of the arglye sweater logo Right there. Seeing it there with only singles makes the second diamonds on the hockey sweater logo seem unnecessary.

I know you want to be done with these concepts, but I think you've found your best logo Right there by simplifying it. In my opinion that logo on the flag sweaters would make à perfect set. It would be the perfect mix of homage yet originality in logo and sweater design.

...Its funny how such a small change can really make à logo or design pop! It looks... like it could seriously be ICONIC. I love it that much. :o

Anyways, love the creativity and design you do. Brilliant stuff man! Definately think you could sell these designs easily, they are that damned good!

I'd definitely wear that.

You know what would be the perfect place for that?

For the World Juniors, as a Christmas/Holidays sweater. Preferably if it's being held in Canada.

They'd fly off the shelves. I know I'd think of getting one.

Thanks guys.

That's a great idea Eric, but for the World Juniors, maybe THIS sweater would appeal to Hockey Canada a little more...

(again, this is just a novelty, fan sweater)

3-23.jpg

It's all vectorized (I did it in Illustrator), so this design could be sublimated...an actual hockey sweater, that looks like it's been knitted.

Gorgeous... That there is a sweet looking sweater! I actually think you've got your best version yet of the arglye sweater logo Right there. Seeing it there with only singles makes the second diamonds on the hockey sweater logo seem unnecessary.

I know you want to be done with these concepts, but I think you've found your best logo Right there by simplifying it. In my opinion that logo on the flag sweaters would make à perfect set. It would be the perfect mix of homage yet originality in logo and sweater design.

...Its funny how such a small change can really make à logo or design pop! It looks... like it could seriously be ICONIC. I love it that much. :o

Anyways, love the creativity and design you do. Brilliant stuff man! Definately think you could sell these designs easily, they are that damned good!

So you're suggesting to lose the far left and far right 'rectangles' on the logo...

I see what you're saying. It would further simplify it, wouldn't it? I'll give it a shot. Thanks again, ES.

Yep, losing the extra corner diamonds like in your fan sweater argyle-leaf logo trim there... honestly, that argyle-leaf logo with your flag sweater design... I really do think it would look epic!

BTW, you're very welcome Chewbarky, I love your stuff and am always glad if one of my ideas is helpful. Its funny, that argyle logo was not my favorite design initially, but it was interesting and you just kept improving it and refining it. Now it definately is my favorite, and I am curious to see if it looks as good as I think it will. :oops:

Both of those fan sweaters btw, are great. Why only offer one, when you can offer many? :therock:

Still think those could easily be retailed.

Am I the only one who thinks some of the other options were better than C?

I doubt it u2.

For those who like a traditional look, there's the double-striper concept.

For those who like a minimalistic look; there's the flag-sweaters.

For those who like something a little different; there's the 'Argyle-Leaf' sweaters.

...Something for everyone!

Thanks u2.

Yep, losing the extra corner diamonds like in your fan sweater argyle-leaf logo trim there... honestly, that argyle-leaf logo with your flag sweater design... I really do think it would look epic!

BTW, you're very welcome Chewbarky, I love your stuff and am always glad if one of my ideas is helpful. Its funny, that argyle logo was not my favorite design initially, but it was interesting and you just kept improving it and refining it. Now it definately is my favorite, and I am curious to see if it looks as good as I think it will. :oops:

Both of those fan sweaters btw, are great. Why only offer one, when you can offer many? :therock:

Still think those could easily be retailed.

I'm glad I listen to you ES! (sometimes) :lol:

I was going to close this off, but your suggestions intrigued me.

I put the 'new' Argyle-Leaf logo on the flag sweater, but it really didn't look any better than the maple leaf.

However, when I made the logo larger, and made it like a logo/stripe-pattern...SHAZAM!

I think it looks great....a modern version of the '72 sweaters.

Thanks ES.

(It's a little plain, but there will also be the manufacturer's logo/patch; probably a Canadian Olympic Patch; and who knows what else...)

3-24.jpg

This was very much a group effort.

Thanks to all.

That looks just plain awesome! Nice call on mixing it into the striping, it definitely does have a very modern and unique feel. That arglye-leaf logo really is a winner. The final version is perfect for accessories and shirts and junk for merchandising too. how do you not have a graphic design job yet? :P

WAY WAY better than the petro-Canada Nike jerseys. Great stuff Chewbarky! :D

Love it. You now have to fix the USA's jersey. You GOTTA have a rival. You always have rivals.

Won't have time for the U.S.A., darkp, but somebody on the boards should give it a try.

Gotta finish up the Krakbeavlandique stuff.

That looks just plain awesome! Nice call on mixing it into the striping, it definitely does have a very modern and unique feel. That arglye-leaf logo really is a winner. The final version is perfect for accessories and shirts and junk for merchandising too. how do you not have a graphic design job yet? :P

WAY WAY better than the petro-Canada Nike jerseys. Great stuff Chewbarky! :D

Your contribution to the process was greatly appreciated ES.

That sweater would look pretty sweet in flight, wouldn't it?

As far as working in the graphic design field...

That would be great, and ya never know... although I don't think that, after this thread, Nike will be calling. :lol:

Archived