WBC Project Spin-Off - European Baseball League (Sweden Vikings and Frankfurt Lions. Need new teams ideas)

RoughRiders99

Hey everybody, hope you guys are doing well.

With the success of my World Baseball Classic Project, I’ve decided to do a little “spin-off” project based on that and create a whole new league international-wise.

First, a little back story: After I finished the WBC project, I researched deeper into each of the countries that I’ve done and found that most countries have their own baseball league of some kind, like Italy, Germany a few in South America. Some are obvious, such as Cuba, Puerto Rico, the D.R., etc.

And then I came across the Australian Baseball League. I’ve known about this for a little bit, but didn’t really look that much into it. And then the Nippon Professional Baseball League over in Japan. Korea. China.

Then I realized…there weren’t any “real” baseball leagues in Europe, aside from the smaller leagues in each country. So I thought up of an idea:

The European Baseball League.

Okay, okay, that name/title sounds too “simple” to me, but right now it’s just a placeholder. I’ve thought a lot about this league like how many teams would be there, what kind of rosters would they have, who would have teams, etc etc.

And here are some of my thoughts about the European Baseball League:

· At least 8-12 teams. (I’ve created 6 so far)

· They are NOT national teams. They’re just “there” very much like the teams in MLB. They aren’t “state/country” teams, meaning anybody could pretty much join.

· The league would be some kind of “AAAA” league, which means career minor-leaguers could join the EBL if they want to. Basically, a second option to the Japanese leagues.

· 25-man rosters, but some rules

o At least 10 players with local connections, like the NBA’s D-League (i.e. A Frenchman playing for the team based in France, etc.)

o Maximum 10 foreign players (Can be anybody who is NOT an European. This is where the Manny Ramirezs and the Bryan LaHairs and the Andruw Joneses come in.)

o The rest can be “open” which means anybody else can join (i.e. A German player can play for the team based in Rome, Italy.)

I'm pretty flexible with these type of rules. I just know that I want this league to be some sort of an "AAAA" league and allow baseball to expand internationally.

Anyway, without further ramblings, I thought I’d post two teams to get this league started off and see how it goes. Here are the xxxxxxx and xxxxxx!!

NOTE: Please keep in mind that I am doing this PURELY just for fun. For some of the teams, I “borrowed” the logos from logos.co and “traced” over them and recolored them and stuff like that. I give FULL credits to the original person who designed these logos. Some logos are my own work, though. Again, I’m doing this JUST for fun. It’s more of a “collaboration” project, if you will.

London Jacks

aOed7Sy.jpg

Rome Warriors

pKRVYVl.jpg

Here are the two teams that I’ll start you guys off with. Would love to see what you think about this league idea, and would also take some ideas for other teams around Europe.

The other four that I’ve already created are the Sweden Vikings, Barcelona Bulls, Athens Titans and Frankfurt Lions. I’d like to see a team in Paris, Ireland, Switzerland, Czech Republic, etc etc. Anywhere in Europe, pretty much.

Can't wait to hear your insights!!

Thanks!!

Thanks for the kind feedbacks!

Would love to hear your ideas for "expansion" teams in other cities/countries and whatnot. I'd like to try to get this league up to 10-12 teams!

Anyway, here are two more teams:

Athens Titans
VM2J1LC.jpg

Barcelona Bulls

B0sVjfE.jpg

I'll post the Sweden Vikings and the Frankfurt Lions later on.

Sweden Vikings
be8dMf1.jpg

Frankfurt Lions
5h8m8PM.jpg

Okay guys, that's all of the teams that I've created so far.

I do want a team in Ireland, France and maybe Switzerland. The Netherlands have to have a team though.

But the thing is... I can't come up with team names for them?

France - No idea at all. Most likely would be based in Paris

Ireland - Dublin Dragons?

Switzerland - Swiss Summit? (It's a very mountainous country, and I can see a Rockies-esque theme with this team)
Netherlands - Amsterdam Admirals? I know it was an NFL Europa team, but I do like the name itself...

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Once again: NOTE: Please keep in mind that I am doing this PURELY just for fun. For some of the teams, I “borrowed” the logos from logos.co and “traced” over them and recolored them and stuff like that. I give FULL credits to the original person who designed these logos. Some logos are my own work, though. Again, I’m doing this JUST for fun. It’s more of a “collaboration” project, if you will.

I wouldn't mind Munich as well, but at the same time, I want to try to spread out the teams so they aren't all bunched up in one area (kinda like more than half of the NFL Europa teams were in Germany).

good point. how about Moscow?

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

I wouldn't mind Munich as well, but at the same time, I want to try to spread out the teams so they aren't all bunched up in one area (kinda like more than half of the NFL Europa teams were in Germany).

I wouldn't mind Moscow, or St. Petersburg.

I did come up with St. Petersburg Bruins during my early days of thinking about this project.

I wouldn't mind Moscow, or St. Petersburg.

I did come up with St. Petersburg Bruins during my early days of thinking about this project.

st. Petersburg isn't a bad idea either

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

Here are some ideas of possible team names/locations that I came up during my research. They are, of course, subjected to change. They were just part of my brainstorming.

Team Names

St. Petersburg Bruins

Prague Griffins

Amsterdam Admirals

Dublin Dragons

Kiev Falcons (Ukraine)

Other locations

Paris, France

Vienna, Austria

Zurich, Switzerland

Brussels, Belgium

Zagreb, Croatia

Vilnius, Lithuania

Warsaw, Poland

Romina?

Serbia?

Bulgaria?

Turkey?

Iceland?

Somewhere in Northern Africa? (A far-off "expansion" team a la Toronto Blue Jays/Montreal Expos)

I can totally see a second team in London, France, Germany, Italy and Spain myself, but that's for the "future" part of the project though.

I'd like to try to keep it somewhat realistic too, which is why I can see london, Germany, Spain etc having multiple teams because they DO play baseball often enough. But for now, I'd like to try to keep it spread out until I have 12ish teams. Then I can start thinking about adding second teams in certain locations.

Here are some ideas of possible team names/locations that I came up during my research. They are, of course, subjected to change. They were just part of my brainstorming.

Team Names

St. Petersburg Bruins

Prague Griffins

Amsterdam Admirals

Dublin Dragons

Kiev Falcons (Ukraine)

Other locations

Paris, France

Vienna, Austria

Zurich, Switzerland

Brussels, Belgium

Zagreb, Croatia

Vilnius, Lithuania

Warsaw, Poland

Romina?

Serbia?

Bulgaria?

Turkey?

Iceland?

Somewhere in Northern Africa? (A far-off "expansion" team a la Toronto Blue Jays/Montreal Expos)

I can totally see a second team in London, France, Germany, Italy and Spain myself, but that's for the "future" part of the project though.

I'd like to try to keep it somewhat realistic too, which is why I can see london, Germany, Spain etc having multiple teams because they DO play baseball often enough. But for now, I'd like to try to keep it spread out until I have 12ish teams. Then I can start thinking about adding second teams in certain locations.

how about Bucharest, Belgrade, Sofia, Istanbul and Reykjavik?

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

Archived