The federal hockey league contest

habsfan9

There is a new semi-pro league coming to canada . the teams have no logos all they have is names

Federal hockey league website

the teams are as followed:

Calgary Cowboys

Edmonton Wolverines

Vancouver Seals

Montreal Muskateers

North Bay Express

Saint John Mariners

If we can get some awesome logos made , i can send them to the commishioner , since the league is just starting up it wont be to hard to make them the teams logos and jerseys

competition dosnt have any voting but the whole point is to try and create the teams logos.

cant wait to see all the designs

number933.gif

I noticed that to, after all while we assocaite musketeers with sword fights, they were named for a different weapon--the Musket, unless that's a typo of Muskrat!

If they're starting a league for real, maybe I can be their proffreader!--er proofreader!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Are we sure it isn't the re-emergence of the Mulleteer?

The Montreal Muskrat Mulleteers!

(and nobody's called me on an uncorrected typo in a post mentioning proofreading)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I noticed that to, after all while we assocaite musketeers with sword fights, they were named for a different weapon--the Musket, unless that's a typo of Muskrat!

If they're starting a league for real, maybe I can be their proffreader!--er proofreader!

(and nobody's called me on an uncorrected typo in a post mentioning proofreading)

You have two, actually. The first comes four words into the post where you used the word "to" improperly. It should say "too."

to=toward

too=also

two=1+1

And then you absolutemade a letter switch in the word associate. I noticed them, but realized about two weeks into my tenure that it'd be a bad idea to point out spelling mistakes unless I'm in an argument.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

The only thing I can think of to say about this league is the travel costs are going to be astronomical, especially for a start-up league. Is the idea of having six teams strewn all the way across the country really realistic?

EDIT: Yet again, if I had some artistic skills, I have some ideas, especially for the Musketmen. Working at a state park that contains a good deal of French influence gets the wheels turning...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Some news about the aptly-abbreviated FHL:

It was originally slated to begin last fall, then last winter, then have a short spring schedule in April or May. No games were played.

The only owner named is related to the league president.

The contact phone number is never answered, you always get a machine.

They charged an astronomical amount to allow players to come to scouting camps. As no players have been signed, you can see that worked out well.

The professional opinion of people that were involved in the attempted start-up of the GHL (people who think the WHA has a chance) is that this league will never exist anywhere but on paper.

The professional opinion of people that were involved in the attempted start-up of the GHL (people who think the WHA has a chance) is that this league will never exist anywhere but on pape

i now that they are starting in the fall. cause my town is getting a team and they have the ice already booked and everything. this league is for real.

number933.gif

You have two, actually. The first comes four words into the post where you used the word "to" improperly. It should say "too."

to=toward

too=also

two=1+1

And then you absolutemade a letter switch in the word associate. I noticed them, but realized about two weeks into my tenure that it'd be a bad idea to point out spelling mistakes unless I'm in an argument.

You missed "after all while"

I was amused that I made a proofreading remark then after I posted it caught the typos and thought --I'll leave them--the only one I corrected was an intentional one...

Back to the topic sort of--if it's a go hopefully the games are more interesting than us discussing typos!

Archived