NCAA Football Marios (All Power 5 Conferences Added)

pianoknight

I've seen similar concepts on the board from old games like Mega Man, so I thought I'd spin up a Super Mario version. These are all based off Big Ten football - see if you can guess which is which!

Naturally, since these are based off sprites, the image is rather small.

- - EDIT - -

I've since updated this set to include the "Power 5" plus the 4 major independent schools. The membership alignment is based off the upcoming 2014 season.

marios_zpsd0491a49.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

bkknight got the order and kevsim got the alphabetical part.

Both rows are alphabetical; top row is West, bottom is East.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Sprites are hard to resize properly, because each block is a pixel.

if you try to enlarge them, you basically have to multiply it by a factor of four - turning a 1x1 block (1 square unit) into a 2x2 block (4 square units).

I suppose that at some point I can work to resize them individually, but that's more work than I've got time for at the moment. Maybe if I get interest for avatars I'll take requests.

UyDgMWP.jpg

I've seen similar concepts on the board from old games like Mega Man, so I thought I'd spin up a Super Mario version. These are all based off Big Ten football - see if you can guess which is which!

- - EDIT - -

I've since updated this set to include the "Power 5" plus the 4 major independent schools. The membership alignment is based off the upcoming 2014 season.

marios_zpsd0491a49.png

any chance you'll do the minor conferences?

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

I thought about it, but the hardest part is the research. For example, my TAMU Matio has a 1UP mushroom with a x12 to symbolize the Aggies's "Twelvth Man."

The traditions of the"big" schools are more well known and I'd have to spend more time researching minor conferences.

FBS might not be too hard, but I doubt I can do FCS or D-II/III.

UyDgMWP.jpg

- - EDIT - -

marios_zpsd0491a49.png

These are great. The ONLY thing I think you could do to improve this would be to find a way to differentiate the common mascot teams, ie Tigers and Bulldogs. For instance, You could add eagle wings to the Auburn one. Just a thought.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived