My Take on the Stadium Series

MrWonka

Let me just start off on a little rant about the jerseys for the Stadium Series. First (I like the idea of having a 'futuristic' look for the jerseys instead of throwback, however, I think these jerseys being released are a bit out of proportion. Now obviously they should be, because in the future would we really just change our liking for slanted numbers and striping that randomly stops? The same yoke pattern for every team? No, I certainly can say that will not happen. I do think though that some tweaks to jerseys can give a more modern feel, without going overboard and looking like a modern piece of junk that no one wants to buy. The first step was taking out the chrome logos. I know that screams future...but let's be real here..

I kept a stylized yoke (Not the same as being used for the Stadium Series, and will differ from the teams if they have a yoke). For the Devils it shows a sharp and edgy style to give a 'devilish' feel to it I suppose. The striping is a tweaked version of their throwback without being a copy. I basically want this to give jerseys, whether it be throwback or fauxback a modern twist to it.

As you can see on the first image I point out some minor changes and differences that you might normally see. It may not be too noticeable but the numbers, name, and logo are all enlarged a tad from their normal sizes. And the slanted striping is to give the TV number more room because of the yoke being pointed and what not. Also, the collar will take in the yoke design (for this one, not all).

Let me know what you think. It may not be a jersey we love, but I think the Stadium Jerseys are stretching jerseys a bit, because you still want them to look good....right?

a4cf8de00981da6ba0427d71ab3238f7.png

00f0f83cf313126fa2c7923cea521f07.png

Overall very good angles with the shoulder caps and striping. I like the enlargement. Too much green though.

That's almost a given because it's supposed to be a modern twist on a throwback. If I wanted to create new jerseys for New Jersey I agree I probably wouldn't use green, or give small accents of it.

I see. Nice work.

Thanks! Hopefully I can get the rest done. The problem with these compared to other jerseys I've done is that I'm changing around the templates a lot to fit what I want. So that takes up more time to decide what I like.

Looks good but is it me or almost every design these days include the stripes a la Wild and Red Wings winter classic jersey !

I'm talking about the thin line over or under a really thick line...

Should I have done the striping exactly how their first jerseys were? I figured I'd switch it up but when you put it like that I see the frustration. I'm gonna shun Detroit though. New Jersey at least had something close to that before those teams. Detroit shouldn't have introduced that striping. I don't think it fits the team.

Next up is Pittsburgh. Out of all the jerseys released so far, they delivered my favorite. At the same time I'm not sure if that is saying anything. I kind of went with something similar to what they released with this:

Enlarged Logo, name, and numbers are also present on this one.

Yoke design inspired by Stadium Series design, and one used with the first Robo-Pen jersey (Florida Panthers original yoke).

Yoke designs forms with collar.

Arm striping is slightly slanted to make room for TV numbers because of the pointed yoke.

Striped cuffs are for show (I realize you won't see them during game time, but I think it could be a nice touch when being hung up or on display.

As always let me know what you think. The yoke design was in my head before everything, I kind of free balled the rest, and I thought it turned out well as I went along.

c5e1fe13037ef99659e948f530c10070.png

You've done a solid job so far at conjuring up these ideas with preset themes in mind.

The Devils set suits them well and there really isnt any room for improvement.

The Penguins look pretty good as well but I'd personally opt for a vegas gold primary for the hell of it being a one off. I also like how the colored collar point is justified by the the colored ends of the yokes, makes for some nice subtle unification.

Midway.png

Looks good but is it me or almost every design these days include the stripes a la Wild and Red Wings winter classic jersey !

I'm talking about the thin line over or under a really thick line...

Should I have done the striping exactly how their first jerseys were? I figured I'd switch it up but when you put it like that I see the frustration. I'm gonna shun Detroit though. New Jersey at least had something close to that before those teams. Detroit shouldn't have introduced that striping. I don't think it fits the team.

Well I wasn't frustrated but I've seen enough of this pattern personally ! Your Pens uni looks tremendous by the way !

As always thanks for your thoughts. I have to say, if I see a different team pull out that striping then I'll riot!!

Anywho, another update for this little thing I'm doing. The third team is the Ducks. I kept the orange jersey because I feel that's a great move, however, I don't think they did the rest very well. I think theirs is my least favorite of all of the ones. Hopefully I make them more suitable here.

The stylized yoke continues with Anaheim (For Chicago, New York Rangers I know won't have any yoke pattern) but the yoke pattern...again continues onto the collar. This time though the collar has a slightly different desig than the NHL has seen before. The yoke outline goes under the collar and gets cutoff instead of forming a 'v'.

Enlarged Logo, name and numbers continue here. However the slightly angled striping here isn't to make more room for the TV numbers like the above two. This time it's angled...because it's angled..haha.

f45e1eb910779aebed965983c9f1bd88.png

Silver? For the Ducks? I know it's in the logos, but I don't like it for the jerseys. I'd replace it with gold. The yoke is very different, but I kinda like it.

I kind of like it. Especially for a modern take. Also it was added in to give a Mighty Duck touch, without going full mighty duck.

Archived