Edubdesign

Hey everybody. It's holiday time again, and for most Canadian hockey fans, that means it's time for some World Junior puck. However, for some others, this time of year means it's time for the Spengler Cup, where six teams from around the world come to Davos, Switzerland's Vaillant Arena to play for one of the oldest trophies in hockey.

This year, the hosts HC Davos and Swiss compatriots Geneve-Servette host Russians CSKA Moscow, Vitkovice from the Czech league, the AHL's Rochester Americans, and - of course - Team Canada, made up of Euro-league standouts.

Each year, the jerseys the teams wear follow the same template. And it's ugly. Here's an example from last year. http://www.spenglercup.ch/tl_files/images/teams/canada/team_picture.jpg

So naturally, I figured it's time to take matters into my own hands.

Each team's redesigned uniforms are on my own template, and have the same name and number font (just to keep up the standardization they like so much) The ads are still there, but I tried to make them a little easier on the eyes.

Teams are arranged in alphabetical order, so it goes Canada, CSKA, Davos, Geneve, Rochester, and Vitkovice.

IC1rhcW.pngUSA1co3.pngMMWsxgm.pngeaueYin.pngiAl5pDl.pngtKJLt7h.png

Not crazy about the NOB/number font. A little too clunky, and some of the little serifs muddy things up for me.

Curious as to where the logo on the Amerks' jerseys comes from? And I was about to point out some of the flags on the backs were wrong, assuming that they were to represent where the club was based, but then it dawned on me that they must represent the nationality of each individual player.

A good job, too, on making the ads easier on the eyes.

Not crazy about the NOB/number font. A little too clunky, and some of the little serifs muddy things up for me.

Curious as to where the logo on the Amerks' jerseys comes from? And I was about to point out some of the flags on the backs were wrong, assuming that they were to represent where the club was based, but then it dawned on me that they must represent the nationality of each individual player.

A good job, too, on making the ads easier on the eyes.

I had a feeling the font would be a bit of an odd choice, but I thought it would fit in with everything else. I'll look into changing it.

The Amerks logo is an original one I created for this project, I had a few ideas for a Team USA rebrand I did a few months back and this logo looked like it would fit in well.

Thanks on the ad thing, too. I tried a lot of different ideas there, and I'm happy that this one works.

I'd get rid of the chest numbers on every single one. The sleeve numbers are good enough by themselves

Fair enough. I'll probably get rid of those, the only reason I put them on is because the Swiss league teams, and teams in the tournament, all have front numbers on them.

Very very clean. Canada, Rochester, and the maroon team are absolutely killer. Good work.

Thank you Raysox. As someone who greatly admires your work, that's one hell of a compliment.

I'm watching the Spengler right now....Love it!

Nice job on the unis, Eric.

Yeah, the font's a little chunky for the nobs: it fills in.

But other than that these are all very sharp.

I like yer template and the collar treatment on the sweaters.

...Very nice American logo...much nicer than the Nike USA shield on the current Sochis.

Are you gonna tackle the Moo-Cow ref sweaters? :lol:

I'm watching the Spengler right now....Love it!

Nice job on the unis, Eric.

Yeah, the font's a little chunky for the nobs: it fills in.

But other than that these are all very sharp.

I like yer template and the collar treatment on the sweaters.

...Very nice American logo...much nicer than the Nike USA shield on the current Sochis.

Are you gonna tackle the Moo-Cow ref sweaters? :lol:

Thank you Sparky. I think for the update, I'll use a new font. That seems to be the big thing people don't like about this redesign.

Thanks also for the compliments. As for the ref sweaters, I'll see if I can fix those, but I think they might be beyond help.

Archived