29texan

Logos for Holidays. (Kwanzaa)

Easter (4/20/2014)

10253798_10202741423890158_8246748540600

Doesn't scream easter without a egg.

Easter (4/20/2014)

10253798_10202741423890158_8246748540600

Doesn't scream easter without a egg.
If eggs are the only thing you know about Easter, you need to do a little research on the holiday

There are three wars in our nation's history that you have left out.

I was thinking 5, Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Mexican American War, Civil War and Spanish American War. Maybe 6 if you want to count the Cold War. But in fairness of the design, adding the pre-20th century wars would clutter the design and badly.

I think you'd find a greater flexibility in using a software designed for 2D applications. If you need to go with something free, Inkscape is your best bet.

That said, the only thing I don't like about the Juneteenth logo is the shadow. Get rid of it, and you're golden.

I think you'd find a greater flexibility in using a software designed for 2D applications. If you need to go with something free, Inkscape is your best bet.

That said, the only thing I don't like about the Juneteenth logo is the shadow. Get rid of it, and you're golden.

I could look into Inkscape.

But that's not a shadow. It's more an emboss... sort of. It represents two sides. One lighter, one darker, with the center being a "peak". I'm pretty sure you can draw the conclusion for what that means.

Your mention of the "peak" in the Juneteenth logo drew attention to something that's glaring to me now: The division line between red and blue falling just below the points of the star on the far sides. It's creating a lot of tension.

You forgot Mardi Gras :(

Yeah... I was going to do that and Fat Tuesday, but long story short... I just forgot.

Your mention of the "peak" in the Juneteenth logo drew attention to something that's glaring to me now: The division line between red and blue falling just below the points of the star on the far sides. It's creating a lot of tension.

It is based on the flag, but I just added the different shades for effect.

Not having the stripes vertical is jarring to the eye. Otherwise, clever.

Not having the stripes vertical is jarring to the eye. Otherwise, clever.

... maybe I should have made them horizontal or curved like the bottom piece.

Now that I look at it again, they do look a bit off.

How about the Easter Bunny as a mascot logo?

As stated above, not everyone associates Easter with an egg laying rabbit...