Miami Dolphins logo design updates

sportserh

Hey guys,

I decided to attempt to update the Dolphins logo. Personally, I think the logo should be a little more aggressive. I tried to make it more aggressive by making the sun design more jagged and changing the eyes.

Also, I wanted to bring back the helmet.

Let me know what you think!

T8cr8dt.jpg

I like the idea the new logo they made is awful in my opinion. The only thing is (maybe it's just me) but it looks like the helmet is sideways on the Dolphin.. Also needs to be more on his head kind of looks like a ball is on his head. I like it though you did a really nice job.

Like the comment above, it's a nice start and an idea, but it could definitely be improved on. Right now i just looks like the helmet is just places on the head, it doesn't look like he's wearing it, which is key for the design to work.

-First I think you need to rotate it counterclockwise so it fits the direction of the head.

-Second would be to bring the helmet down so that the side of the helmet looks like it is actually around the head.

Simply those two things could go a long way. I'm not a huge fan of this dolphin, but at the same time I don't think i'd like too many logos with a dolphin in it.

Apologies but the eyes do nothing for the logo. The helmet, is acceptable even if with this version it also does nothing; the sun however, I like. Eliminated the curves which looks a bit better then our current curve-bursts. As a die-hard I've always loved the abstract style of the logo prior to '97, and it took me a while to get used to the new logo without a helmet but I came around. I'll say that the helmet addition is a more acceptable "tweak" than the eye. I never understood the whole "needs to be aggressive" look like players are really afraid of logos. Trust me, no one is intimidated by a giant letter "G" inside a circle ;) . This year they went back to the semi-abstract dolphin (sans helmet) and it seems to be working.

• 2 weeks later...

The eye isn't really doing anything for me, but the helmet definitely needs fixing.Whoops, sorry I didn't realize this thread was a bit old.

Not even close to a superbump. I personally love the eye. Count me in as one of the few who like the toothpaste dolphin, but as the best of both worlds here, I love it.

I like the idea to fix that awful new logo but that helmet just doesn't look like it fits right.

Maybe his head needs to tilt looking downward slightly to prevent the "sitting on top" look make it look more like he's actually wearing it.

87Redskins.png

Archived