Soccer crest concepts

jdp

Let me say that I am NOT a graphic designer, but I do like to dabble, if for no other reason than my job requires I know how to use Ps and Ai. I can mock up a concept kit, but--as you will see--I am not great with logos.

Despite that, I am posting these and looking for feedback, knowing full well that I very likely will get ripped a new one.

Before I post, though, here are a few things to know:

• These are for my adult rec soccer team based in Chicago. We don't have a sponsor or budget, which is why I am attempting this myself.
  • Our color is green
  • We've won two league championships - the stars above the crests
  • We started as an indie team, but now have been together for more than a year ("Semel independens, iam unita" means "Once independent, now united." -- according to Google Translate)

Without further ado...

1>12240350996_fec64473e9_o.jpg2>12239961553_db76e51dba_o.jpg3>12239961503_304bf5ee05_o.jpg4>12240193344_d9623b29b8_o.jpg

5>12239775645_d9ecfc8057_o.jpg6>12239961483_f99445bcf1_o.jpg7>12240193214_86cc3a2dc3_o.jpg

Number 4: Goat inspired by The Big Green

Number 5: Inspired by Barcelona (after all, we are FCV, and they have "FCB" on their crest. That and we could totally beat them head-to-head :)

Number 7: I added an eye and shading on the snake, but, again, still practicing/learning that element of graphic design.

All right... have at it.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

2 and 5 look good to me. I do like 4 for the uniqueness though.

7 and 5 for me, well done!

1, 2, 7 are the best. All are great!

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

Are there any changes you would recommend? Different accent colors? Additions and/or subtractions? Less green?

Regardless, thanks again.

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Alright, I'm going to be a bit cruel; I apologize in advance.

These are all... well, they're not good. But, there are some good themes involved, depending on what direction you want to go.

Here are things I'd consider (I'm going to spitball here a bit):

- You're playing rec league in Chicago; the Chicago stars, skyline, etc, are a bit silly in that regard: everyone you play is also in Chicago, so that doesn't set you apart.... that is, unless you can find a more creative way to play off of it.

- You're a rec-league team with a very small budget; because of that, keeping the color set simple is going to be extra key. Gradients, overlays, shadows--all out. You'll want to keep to probably three colors in the design, so that you can print two-color on a background that's also included. (IE, if you use green, white, and silver, on a white shirt you'd only be printing two colors. You're going to get charged per color, of course.)

- Theme: what is yours? With the name FC Verde, green is obvious; but what else is going on. The unity theme from your latin phrase could be a good jumping-off point, along with the goat thing.

(Aside: I love silly latin phrases; I just worked on a project where the group used "aut bibat aut abeat": "drink or get out").

- Don't copy a big club crest like Barca's. Lame. ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Alright, I'm going to be a bit cruel; I apologize in advance.

These are all... well, they're not good. But, there are some good themes involved, depending on what direction you want to go.

Here are things I'd consider (I'm going to spitball here a bit):

- You're playing rec league in Chicago; the Chicago stars, skyline, etc, are a bit silly in that regard: everyone you play is also in Chicago, so that doesn't set you apart.... that is, unless you can find a more creative way to play off of it.

- You're a rec-league team with a very small budget; because of that, keeping the color set simple is going to be extra key. Gradients, overlays, shadows--all out. You'll want to keep to probably three colors in the design, so that you can print two-color on a background that's also included. (IE, if you use green, white, and silver, on a white shirt you'd only be printing two colors. You're going to get charged per color, of course.)

- Theme: what is yours? With the name FC Verde, green is obvious; but what else is going on. The unity theme from your latin phrase could be a good jumping-off point, along with the goat thing.

(Aside: I love silly latin phrases; I just worked on a project where the group used "aut bibat aut abeat": "drink or get out").

- Don't copy a big club crest like Barca's. Lame. ;)

No apologies necessary. This is why I post. I'm well aware these are pretty weak when posting. But I'm learning. And, yes, that is obviously Barca. That was really just me practicing, but it turned out OK. At least for an amateur like me.

Thanks again.

Archived