American Premier Division - Phase III: Atlanta & Seattle Added (3/20)

ThePeam

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be good. Charlotte, Houston and Atlanta's colours look the best IMO. Oregon should be interesting. Not crazy about the colours, but I'm keeping my mouth shut until I see the concept. As for Golden State, Gold for sure, I think I agree with the blue above, but why not shake it up. Get an unorthodox use of those colours, different shades and such. Looking forward to this! G'luck Ryan.

Can't do any Golden State concept without incorporating blue and gold somewhere in it...

If I do use Blue and gold, are sure it wont be too many teams in that color?

I'd suggest changing OKC's to possible Maroon/Black/Gold, the Thunder's ugly scheme isn't needed there, and doesn't really go with the name "energy".

I usually agree with ya Dylan but I kinda like the Energy being that colors, I kinda think it works.

NEWSGG copy.png

I'd suggest changing OKC's to possible Maroon/Black/Gold, the Thunder's ugly scheme isn't needed there, and doesn't really go with the name "energy".

How dare you call it ugly!

handle-the-truth.gif

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

handle-the-truth.gif

:P I would agree that in retrospect OKC's colors are ugly, but I think they make it work.

NEWSGG copy.png

handle-the-truth.gif

This This This This This This. Amen 100% I think it could work with the Energy. I'm curious, and I'm sure if we agree that a little recolour would be benificial, you could make it happen.

I don't think that there's anything in your colours that stick out as bad here Ryan. I'd say start it off with some more logos, check out your options for Golden State, whether you feel that gold/blue is used too often, that's for you to call I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New York: Pretty good start. First of all, I'd extend the ESB down past the banner to the inner orange circle. Can we assume the white/grey pattern, or just that in other colours, could appear on kits? My other little concern is, this will be hard to explain, but when your eyes kinda switch to "3D mode", the banner seems like it's no where near the logo itself. I think that you could fix this by toning down the angle of it would work, making it less intense. Lastly, does the banner wrap around a little part of the badge there, or just sits on top? I ask this because the part where it folds, is on top of the blue circle. Not sure if its intended or not.

Atlanta: Great logo, so it would be hard to get it wrong. I agree with the above, saying that you reduce the slant by a tad. Since T is the only letter in ATLANTA that's not in ARSENAL, for the T, did you use an L with a cross, their actual font, or totally custom? I guess, not something needed by any means, but if you wanted to differentiate them, other than the text, a tad, some Atlanta flare in there? A little peach? I dunno.

Emerald City: The first thing that pops out is that you have 3 colours within about 55 pantones of each other, the white, dark grey and lighter grey. Get rid of 1 or get a bit of parity there. I do like the emerald. Your shading is pretty good. Just a tiny detail that's bothering me: the darker emerald part, about half way up on the left, the shading isn't on the same angle as that of the left side of the hexagon. I can make a quick thing on paint to show you what I mean if needed. Could you use the lighter grey, or the darker one, as the same colour as the banner outline, as the back part of the banner, like Montreal's? They use a black banner, but the back is a lighter grey?

530px-Montreal_Impact_%28MLS%29_logo.svg

My last thing is to make the knob on the top of the pickax the same width as the handle? I'm pretty sure on a pickax, the top part is just the handle continued, so I'd fix that.

Great start!

New York: Pretty good start. First of all, I'd extend the ESB down past the banner to the inner orange circle. Can we assume the white/grey pattern, or just that in other colours, could appear on kits? My other little concern is, this will be hard to explain, but when your eyes kinda switch to "3D mode", the banner seems like it's no where near the logo itself. I think that you could fix this by toning down the angle of it would work, making it less intense. Lastly, does the banner wrap around a little part of the badge there, or just sits on top? I ask this because the part where it folds, is on top of the blue circle. Not sure if its intended or not.

Atlanta: Great logo, so it would be hard to get it wrong. I agree with the above, saying that you reduce the slant by a tad. Since T is the only letter in ATLANTA that's not in ARSENAL, for the T, did you use an L with a cross, their actual font, or totally custom? I guess, not something needed by any means, but if you wanted to differentiate them, other than the text, a tad, some Atlanta flare in there? A little peach? I dunno.

Emerald City: The first thing that pops out is that you have 3 colours within about 55 pantones of each other, the white, dark grey and lighter grey. Get rid of 1 or get a bit of parity there. I do like the emerald. Your shading is pretty good. Just a tiny detail that's bothering me: the darker emerald part, about half way up on the left, the shading isn't on the same angle as that of the left side of the hexagon. I can make a quick thing on paint to show you what I mean if needed. Could you use the lighter grey, or the darker one, as the same colour as the banner outline, as the back part of the banner, like Montreal's? They use a black banner, but the back is a lighter grey?

530px-Montreal_Impact_%28MLS%29_logo.svg

My last thing is to make the knob on the top of the pickax the same width as the handle? I'm pretty sure on a pickax, the top part is just the handle continued, so I'd fix that.

Great start!

Thanks Kev, I'll work on it.

NEWSGG copy.png

Archived