WizKid's Lacrosse and Football Stadium Concepts

WizKid

Hey everybody. It's been awhile since I've posted any concepts on here. I've been busy with my first year of being a collegiate student athlete at UDC.

I was very interested in TheGiantsFan's hand drawn baseball series. So, I decieded to find some field templates I found in the SVG thread (credits to all of the template creator(s), can't think off the top my head about who made them) and create a stadium from scratch via Inkscape and graph paper. I had to research different sized stadiums to determine how large the seating capacity should be: ie, Klockner Stadium (UVA Lax and Soccer), Homewood Field (Johns Hopkins), and Armstrong Stadium (Hampton University). After sketching up the design, I used Inkscape to recreate and enhance some of the features. Most of the field designs will have football and/or lacrosse markings down.

So let's get started, here's my first set. Enjoy!

Venue Name: Bowman Stadium

Seat Capacity: (10,000)

Planning Sketch:

IMG_20140228_113335_zps529a254e.jpg

Finished Version:

IMG_20140228_142900_zps8051ca74.jpg

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

It turned out nice. Is that the press box on the top of the graphic?

Yes it is. The only trouble I have right now is how to incorporate scoreboards. I would hate to smush them down because you wouldn't clearly see the detail.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Very nice work. the more you go on the better detail and realism you can add to it. The only lil thing is to me not enough stairs, you may need 5 to 6 on the larger section and 3 to 4 on the smaller sections. Just my thought. But, I do like it and look forward to seeing your finished product. howlersarena2c.jpg

This is my old fantasy hockey teams arena. At the time I only had mspaint and adobe photshop or something like that. I dont remember how long it took me to make any more but it was several hour into the early morning for quite a lil while. This was the smaller jpg I had made it with a huge .bmp file that was a huge file.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived