robo3687's Inelligble Madden Designs (2nd March - London Crusaders Added)

robo3687

When they announced the competition for fan design uniforms for Madden I was rather interested and set about starting 3 or 4 designs. Unfortunately I then found out I can't actually enter because I don't live in the US. I got a bit discouraged and wasn't even going to bother finishing any of the designs, but it rained all day today and I had nothing else to do so I worked on them some more.

Here's the first one:

Orlando Orbits

While probably not the most popular choice of name, I was picking it because I figured not many would do it, so it would be different, and I'd had an idea for the logo. The shoulder loops are the arcs from the logo and they go around the arm sort of like on the Panthers uni's.

kjue.jpg

Things I'm not settled on:

- number font

- colour of the numbers on the white...felt like they should be darker but the grey looked odd..

- pant stripe

thoughts?

I have a couple more that are half done which hopefully I get around to.

I love your work here man!

I live in Australia and also got halfway through designing a team before having the "US Only" clause pointed out to me. I feel like I should finish it and post it up now.

it quite sucks doesn't it? I wish we could still enter and forgo the actual physical copy of the game part of the prize while still possibly getting in the game.

-------------------

and now for one of my others:

London Crusaders

The London Black Knights didn't sit right for me, so I went with the Crusaders. I also thought I'd go a bit crazy with the shiny stuff, I figured if the NFL went with a London team they'd spare no expense on the materials for the uniforms.

Basically I wanted to try and make the football uniform equivalent of this:

teutonic_knight_by_flipation-d4tz5t0.jpg

and I came up with this (no proper logo as yet)

kn55.jpg

Gold shiny bits everywhere...lol...and a Rutgers-y helmet. I wasn't really sure what to do with the pants so I just went with a simple stripe trimmed in gold.

I even considered adding a long sleeved undershirt with a light chainmail pattern on it, and having the same pattern in the grey areas.

I live in Australia and also got halfway through designing a team before having the "US Only" clause pointed out to me. I feel like I should finish it and post it up now.

it quite sucks doesn't it? I wish we could still enter and forgo the actual physical copy of the game part of the prize while still possibly getting in the game.

I thought the same thing. I've considered sending away an entry with an "I know i'm not eligible but if this is good enough put it in the game anyway" type of disclaimer.

Love that London concept as well.

-------------------

and now for one of my others:

London Crusaders

The London Black Knights didn't sit right for me, so I went with the Crusaders. I also thought I'd go a bit crazy with the shiny stuff, I figured if the NFL went with a London team they'd spare no expense on the materials for the uniforms.

Basically I wanted to try and make the football uniform equivalent of this:

teutonic_knight_by_flipation-d4tz5t0.jpg

and I came up with this (no proper logo as yet)

kn55.jpg

Gold shiny bits everywhere...lol...and a Rutgers-y helmet. I wasn't really sure what to do with the pants so I just went with a simple stripe trimmed in gold.

I even considered adding a long sleeved undershirt with a light chainmail pattern on it, and having the same pattern in the grey areas.

This is great work! On both teams!

The London Black Knights didn't sit right for me.

Oh THAT'S COOL. FINE. SEE IF I CARE. :P

Wow. That London Crusaders look is one of the most unique concepts I have ever seen. Great execution on both. The Orlando Orbits is also great. Not a big fan of the grey, but you manage to make it work. I could definitely see the people that make Madden pick your Orlando Orbits logo, as the neon green/grey look is a very popular modern look and is extremely realistic. Really unfortunate that you cant submit it!

Archived