Summer Wiffleball League (Team 12 : Marbletown Shooters *updated*)

8BW14

I have been working on this idea for a long time and finally got the time to finish it up this past week.

In my spare time I have been working on some logos for a summer wiffleball league that I call the South Fulton Wiffleball league. I started with a sketch of the league logo and it just snowballed from there.

In the league's inaugural season there will be 6 teams that will be divided into North and South divisions. Each team will play the other two teams in the division twice and each team in the opposite division once for a total of 8 division and 3 inter-division games.

The season would start on Memorial day, with each team playing one game, with one inter-division game to end the day. There will be games every Sunday afternoon from until the weekend before Independence Day, which will be the beginning of the All Star Break. On Independence Day, there will be a Homerun Derby in the morning and an All Star game between the North and South.

The regular season would end the week before Labor Day weekend and the playoffs will begin Saturday with the wildcard games in each division. The winner of the wildcard games will go on to play the top team in its respective division to vie for a spot in the Labor Day Classic. The best of 3 Labor Day series will begin in the morning on Labor Day and conclude, hopefully, with the deciding game under the lights.

If I still have your attention, here comes the good part, the logos and teams. Naturally, I'll start with the league logo, so without further ado, I present to you the SFWL. . .

sfwllogo_zps067f5fb3.png

The first team in the South Division will be up tomorrow. Thanks for your time and C&C is always appreciated.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great! My brother, neighbor, and I also have a summer wiffleball league, but it is not as competitive, but I will probably upload our league stuff and I would like for you to look at it, and I will definitely be following this thread. But as far as the logo, I think it is simple but great. My only suggestion would be to add a little bit of regional touch to the logo, unless the things coming down from the corners are. An example would be our logo has some wheat in it, and we live in Kansas. Also, I am assuming this is a real league, and do you guys have a stadium? If you don't, I would HIGHLY suggest a stadium. We have a stadium in our backyard, and it is only 46 ft to the left field corner, 100 to center, and 35 to right, it works amazing. You don't even have to make it that good, you can just have old cardboard boxes leaned up against chairs or something. For more ideas, I would suggest searching wiffleball stadiums or wiffleball fields on youtube. Some are really, really bad, and some are really good but simple. Once again, this is great and I will definitely be following this thread.

This is great! My brother, neighbor, and I also have a summer wiffleball league, but it is not as competitive, but I will probably upload our league stuff and I would like for you to look at it, and I will definitely be following this thread. But as far as the logo, I think it is simple but great. My only suggestion would be to add a little bit of regional touch to the logo, unless the things coming down from the corners are. An example would be our logo has some wheat in it, and we live in Kansas. Also, I am assuming this is a real league, and do you guys have a stadium? If you don't, I would HIGHLY suggest a stadium. We have a stadium in our backyard, and it is only 46 ft to the left field corner, 100 to center, and 35 to right, it works amazing. You don't even have to make it that good, you can just have old cardboard boxes leaned up against chairs or something. For more ideas, I would suggest searching wiffleball stadiums or wiffleball fields on youtube. Some are really, really bad, and some are really good but simple. Once again, this is great and I will definitely be following this thread.

Definitely appreciate your enthusiasm, but unfortunately this league just a fantasy league for the time being, but my ultimate goal would be to stir up enough local interest in my very rural area to start up the league.

As far as stadiums go, the league would use the field at the park district and a lot, with a hill we have always called "The Berm", on a buddy's property adjacent to a cornfield. All of the big games would be played at the park, but the lot would be where all of the regular season games would be played.

Also, I like the suggestion for some local flair and I think I have an idea for the league logo. Hopefully I can get that up tonight.

EDIT: new logo in original post

LOVE your way of thinking...also love it when ideas can come to life like yours will!

Just one question: which locales in Fulton County, IL consist as "South Fulton" again? Because I have a few suggestions...

bYhYmxh.png

LOVE your way of thinking...also love it when ideas can come to life like yours will!

Just one question: which locales in Fulton County, IL consist as "South Fulton" again? Because I have a few suggestions...

Thanks a lot. I hope I don't disappoint.

Well pretty much anything in the V.I.T. or Astoria School districts is fair game for me. For this league that varies from towns to local landmarks and historic sites, pretty much anything that I think I can pair a good name and identity with. If you are familiar with the South Fulton area I am definitely open to suggestions because I have been looking for a couple more expansion teams to do.

First up, I would like to present to you the Summum Moonshiners of the SFWL South Division. The moonshiners are named for the moonshiners and bootleggers who made their living in the woods in and around the small town of Summum, IL. The team's colors of brown, tan, and red reflect the down-home nature of the team name. So here are the logos and uniforms for the Summum Moonshiners:

summummoonshinersuniforms_zpsf65c4fe1.pn

I would definitely love to know what everybody thinks and some feedback would be great. Thanks a lot.

LOVE this...simple cap logos and big jersey logos combine for a unique style!

Will assemble a list of name ideas really soon...if any of these locales already have teams, just let me kwow.

bYhYmxh.png

Will assemble a list of name ideas really soon...if any of these locales already have teams, just let me kwow.

Thanks. I'm definitely going to be leaning to the simpler side of things and trying to spice things up with unique color schemes.

I'll send you a PM with the names and locales of teams I have already finished.

Thanks. I'm definitely going to be leaning to the simpler side of things and trying to spice things up with unique color schemes.

I'll send you a PM with the names and locales of teams I have already finished.

Sent it...looking forward to hearing where you'd think they'd all fit in.

bYhYmxh.png

Today is the day for second team of the south division to be unveiled. This team the Woodland Rangers, named after the Woodland township in Fulton County. There's really no historical connection for this team i just liked the sound of the name and thought a Robin Hood theme would be a cool way to go. The team's colors are green, gold, cream and just a splash of red. Here they are, the Woodland Rangers:

woodlandrangersuniforms_zps515b99ff.png

So what does everyone thin of this one? Hit or miss? It would be great to hear anyone's thoughts, thanks.

Okay so here is the third of the three original teams in the SFWL South Division, the Astoria Pirates. The name comes from the former mascot of Astoria High School. Every league needs a badass team that wears black so that's what chose to do here. The logo is a simple Jolly Roger that I made a few modifications to, but I did not change much because I really liked the rough hand drawn quality of the skull and swords. You will probably notice that the black outline is pretty rough but that's by design. It just didn't look right being smooth clean lines. This uniform an logo combination is the simplest in the league, being mostly black with white numbers and a small splash of red.

astoriapiratesuniform_zpsf9388de0.png

These are pretty simple, but I would still love to hear what everyone has to say. Thanks for taking a look.

Okay so here is the third of the three original teams in the SFWL South Division, the Astoria Pirates. The name comes from the former mascot of Astoria High School. Every league needs a badass team that wears black so that's what chose to do here. The logo is a simple Jolly Roger that I made a few modifications to, but I did not change much because I really liked the rough hand drawn quality of the skull and swords. You will probably notice that the black outline is pretty rough but that's by design. It just didn't look right being smooth clean lines. This uniform an logo combination is the simplest in the league, being mostly black with white numbers and a small splash of red.

astoriapiratesuniform_zpsf9388de0.png

These are pretty simple, but I would still love to hear what everyone has to say. Thanks for taking a look.

This'll do the job for all our maties...so says one, so says us all. Aye aye!

bYhYmxh.png

Okay, well here is the fourth team over all and the first team in the SFWL North Division, the Vermont Giants. The name was derived from the mercantile "giants" who made their homes in grand houses built in the mid to late 1800's. Vermont is a team that I really thought an old-school looks would be perfect for, so I went with a uniform and logo style that hearkens back to some of the early days of organized baseball. The Vermont Giants:

vermontgiantsuniforms_zps07749989.png

This is probably one of my favorite looks in the league and i would really appreciate some comments or criticism. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks.

Archived