Is it time to re-do the USA Baseball logos?

RootHouston

Not to be that guy, but I feel like USA baseball should go with a more classic look along the lines of this:

us_baseball2_zpsed277817.png

Count me as another who would like to see a logo like that, it kinda reminds me of the one they wore in 1934 during their tour of Japan, only with the colors reversed (shown below is the J.Crew/Ebbets Field Flannels version):

685255.jpg?1397698674

That old cap is perfect. Change NOW.

I'd like USA Baseball to come up with some calligraphic monogram like the Yankees or Cardinals, perhaps a little less geometric than the cap we see up-thread. I scribble little "USA"s in the margins of my notebooks all the time, but I never quite like the mock-ups I come up with. Here's the latest:

USA.jpg

I think it would be fun for USA Baseball to have an inconsistent monogram like the Tigers "D" logos and the various interlocking "NY" logos the Yanks employ. The team should look classic, not overly-modern, so maybe something a little less detailed on the uniforms.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I'd like USA Baseball to come up with some calligraphic monogram like the Yankees or Cardinals, perhaps a little less geometric than the cap we see up-thread. I scribble little "USA"s in the margins of my notebooks all the time, but I never quite like the mock-ups I come up with. Here's the latest:

USA.jpg

I think it would be fun for USA Baseball to have an inconsistent monogram like the Tigers "D" logos and the various interlocking "NY" logos the Yanks employ. The team should look classic, not overly-modern, so maybe something a little less detailed on the uniforms.

Wow, pretty cool, but a bit TOO old school I think. Here's the uniform of the 1936 USA baseball team:

d42-3.jpg

Would be cool to run with that sort of design.

all_teams_sig_classic_small.pngall_teams_sig4_small.png

Even the US men's soccer logo looks very 90s, I'm shocked a lot of these logos look like they haven't been touched in almost two decades. The merchandise for the United States Sports teams is probably quite high. Releasing new logos for soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. would definitely lead to a big boost in sales.

Even the US men's soccer logo looks very 90s, I'm shocked a lot of these logos look like they haven't been touched in almost two decades. The merchandise for the United States Sports teams is probably quite high. Releasing new logos for soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. would definitely lead to a big boost in sales.

I agree. To try and build a "tradition" from a dated, 90s look doesn't work. Their old, stars and stripes crest was perfect for building a historic look. If they don't want to go that way, make something new, fresh. Stuck in the 90s isn't the way to go.

Archived