Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

3 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

They took away the purple outlines from the field, but the numbers are still there as is, so maybe they will keep them. I was wrong about them replacing the entire field, and my thoughts on the numbers were based on them replacing the field. So I can see them just using the numbers that are already there. We'll see as the week goes on. Hopefully they bring back outlines for the team colors.

We will see, would be interesting though. I am wondering if they will just paint over them. The machines running on the field look like they are cleaning the playing surface, and vacuming up all the rubber gromlets used as the current fill, as they get ready to paint the field. I know during the Divisional game, US Bank Stadium's fleld looked like it's filler had a lot more than other fields that use a similar surface. A very "grainy" look, especially looking at the 3 yard white sidelines during the game. 

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

4 hours ago, SumanCommaJake said:

from the Star Tribune article: 

“Also gone, at least temporarily, is the Vikings Norseman insignia at midfield, to make room for the Super Bowl logo.”

What’re the chances that they’re moving the Super Bowl logo back to midfield instead of having it on either side of the NFL shield??? 

3 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I thought this shot from the video was quite interesting, and it may tell us something about this years endzone design:

WYVVRDl.png

That's the Broncos wordmark, which they could be using to get an idea of size they want to use for the wordmarks in the endzones.

Interesting that, by the looks of it, the size of the wordmark is the same as the Broncos used for Super Bowl XLVIII, and not from their most recent Super Bowl 50, where the wordmark was larger (first year without conference logos).

It's just an odd thing to see, and I'm just speculating, but maybe it's a hint that we may get a change for the field different from the past two games format. Here's to hoping.

6 hours ago, vikmurphy said:

DT1UlJmVoAA93KR.jpg:large

It looks to me like the purple lines are still on the 25 yard lines, possibly if the Vikings make it to the Super Bowl, they'll leave the purple lines at the 25 yard line at one end of the field, and paint team colors for either New England or Jacksonville, and paint the red and blue stripes at the 50 yard line as well

I love the work that Pitt6Pack has done, ...But I wanted to mention that I believe the Jaguars endzone would include "Jacksonville" atop the wordmark. Virtually everything sold here in Jacksonville appears with the wordmark as such.

It would also make way for a little more color; As it would most likely have Jacksonville in Gold (small) and Jaguars in white (big) ...(similar to the Arizona Cardinals wordmark).

Aklmx4g.jpg

39 minutes ago, JagMatt said:

I love the work that Pitt6Pack has done, ...But I wanted to mention that I believe the Jaguars endzone would include "Jacksonville" atop the wordmark. Virtually everything sold here in Jacksonville appears with the wordmark as such.

It would also make way for a little more color; As it would most likely have Jacksonville in Gold (small) and Jaguars in white (big) ...(similar to the Arizona Cardinals wordmark).

Aklmx4g.jpg

I would agree if this was a "normal" world. But this is the NFL, and things have a tendency to change without warning. Case in point, last years Super Bowl The Atlanta Falcons usualy put the entire wordmark in the endzone. The NFL put only "Falcons" and the logo in the endzone. I am sure if the AZ Cardnials where represented it would also be with a single wordmark. Just in the Super Bowl. But then, things change. So your miliage may vary! ;-)

• Like 1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

4 minutes ago, SFCOM1 said:

I would agree if this was a "normal" world. But this is the NFL, and things have a tendency to change without warning. Case in point, last years Super Bowl The Atlanta Falcons usualy put the entire wordmark in the endzone. The NFL put only "Falcons" and the logo in the endzone. I am sure if the AZ Cardnials where represented it would also be with a single wordmark. Just in the Super Bowl. But then, things change. So your miliage may vary! ;-)

Yeah It's definitely not as promising as it was in the 70's 80's and 90's. I'm just hoping that since our home field does it that way, it would remain the same in the Super Bowl endzone (but you bring up a good point with the Falcons last year).

I hate how they are just using white lettering more and more with NO outline - So Would they really do white lettering on a black background and call it a day? .. It would be a first.

Spoiler

On 1/26/2017 at 12:18 PM, nola field lover said:

Would it kill them to outline the 50's, and 20's? its such a nice touch. They used to always do this, plus outline team names, and numbers. If they just did all of this, it would be so nice, despite lack of conference logos. Can someone do this field with team names, numbers, and 50's and 20's outlined? also the 2 pt conversion lines!

On 1/26/2017 at 12:22 PM, nola field lover said:

the blue and silver outline of the 20 yd line for the pats in super bowl 36 was so awesome. I can't believe they let these kind of awesome little details go

On 1/26/2017 at 4:03 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

It would make the field look SO much better if they painted the team color stripes on the 20's, and painted the red and blue stripes that border the 50 yard line, and paint the 2 point conversion lines in the team colors, and outline the numbers from the 10 to the 50 yard lines in the team colors, like for the Patriots end of the field, outline from the 10 to the 50 yard line, red and blue, and for the Falcons side of the 50, paint from the 10 to the 50 yard line red and black, that would look AWESOME!!!!!!

On 1/26/2017 at 5:23 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

They could paint the conference logos, they could paint the AFC logo at the bottom of the 25 yard line on the Patriots side of the 50 yard line, and on the Falcons side of the 50 yard line, they could paint the NFC logo at the top of the 25 yard line, that might look cool

On 1/27/2017 at 12:41 AM, Saintsfan017 said:

The paint crew better paint the red and blue stripes on the outside of the 20 yard line at the Patriots end of the field, and the red and black stripes on the outside of the 20 yard line at the Falcons end of the field, and paint the red and blue stripes at the 50 yard line, and paint the team colors on both of the two point conversion marks as well, better get to it paint crew

On 1/27/2017 at 12:09 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

I agree, the NFL is making the Super Bowl fields look SO PATHETIC, they could at least outline the numbers in the colors of the teams, and paint the team color stripes on the 20's, and the red and blue stripes on the 50 yard line as well, don't these guys get it? They NEED to outline the numbers in the colors of the teams AND paint the team color stripes on the 20's AND paint the red & blue stripes at the 50 yard line

On 1/27/2017 at 4:05 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

WOW, it sure makes a big difference with the end zones painted blue for the Patriots, and red for the Falcons, the field is looking VERY GOOD, would still look better if the NFL paint crew would paint the blue and gray stripes on the 20 yard line, and the red and black stripes on the 20 yard line at the Falcons end of the field, and paint the red & blue stripes at the 50 yard line as well

On 1/27/2017 at 6:38 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

Could you insert the team color stripes on the 20 yard lines, and the red and blue stripes on the 50 yard line, and stripe the two point conversion lines?

On 1/28/2017 at 1:08 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

I REALLY wish the paint crew would paint the team colors on the 20's, and paint the red & blue stripes on the 50 yard line, there's enough paint left for the paint crew to do that, despite the fact that they still have to give all of the logos another coat of paint before Super Bowl Sunday, hope it will get done

On 1/28/2017 at 4:49 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

That would be better to paint the team colors on the 25's and still paint the 50 like usual

On 1/28/2017 at 4:50 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

It would make more sense to paint the team colors on the 25's and still paint the 50 yard line, wish the paint crew would do that

On 1/28/2017 at 5:21 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

I'd like to see what it would look like if the team colors were painted on the 25's, and the 50 yard line outlined with the red and blue stripes, sure wish somebody could insert the team color stripes on the 25's and the red and blue stripes at the 50

On 1/28/2017 at 6:49 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

Now THAT looks AWESOME, sure wish it would look like that for the big game coming up a week from tomorrow, I LOVE the team stripes at the 25's and the red and blue stripes at the 50, beautiful job :)

On 1/28/2017 at 6:57 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

It would really be easy for the paint crew to do this, paint the Patriots team colors on their 25 yard line, and the Falcons colors on their 25, and paint the red & blue stripes at the 50, and paint the team colors on the two point conversion lines, I'm sure they have enough paint left to do this, would love to see it like this SO BAD

On 1/29/2017 at 4:32 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

I sure wish somebody would show this to the NFL so they'd realize that they ARE forgetting to add a little more color to the Super Bowl field like to paint the team colors on the 25's, and the red and blue stripes at the 50, as well as painting the team colors on the 2 point conversion lines, they need to know that they ARE NOT finished painting the field yet

On 2/1/2017 at 2:19 AM, Saintsfan017 said:

I wonder how it would have looked if the team colors for the Broncos and Panthers were painted on the 25's for last year's Super Bowl, along with the red and blue stripes at the 50, and the team colors painted on the two point conversion lines? Sure would be cool to see what it would have looked like :)

On 2/3/2017 at 12:09 AM, Saintsfan017 said:

I STILL wish the NFL paint crew would paint the team colors on the 25's, and the red and blue stripes at the 50, and the team colors on the 2 point conversion lines, I KNOW they can get that done by Sunday, I REALLY want to see that done for the Super Bowl REALLY BAD

On 2/8/2017 at 12:39 AM, Saintsfan017 said:

<MOD EDIT>

On 2/8/2017 at 10:15 AM, nola field lover said:

Dude, please stop. 

On 2/9/2017 at 1:45 AM, Saintsfan017 said:

<MOD EDIT>

On 1/17/2018 at 3:48 PM, nola field lover said:

Maybe do a gold viking endzone with the early 2000s scheme: shield at mid field, endzones with conf logo and team logo, outlines on 50, and 20's?

On 1/17/2018 at 6:00 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

If I were to guess, I think they would probably retain the Vikings number fonts, but would hope they would outline the numbers in the colors for the teams that will advance to the Super Bowl, and hopefully paint the team colors on the 25 yard lines, and paint the red & blue stripes that are supposed to border the 50 yard line

On 1/17/2018 at 6:10 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

The Super Bowl XLVII field held up VERY WELL during that game, but I hope they DO NOT water down the paint like they did for Super Bowl LI, wish they could sew in the logos on NEW turf at U.S. Bank Stadium, and insert the team colors at the 25 yard lines, and insert the red & blue stripes at the 50 yard line

On 1/17/2018 at 6:11 PM, Saintsfan017 said:
  1. Can you insert the team colors on the 25 yard lines, and insert the red & blue stripes at the 50, and do the two point conversion lines as well?
1 hour ago, Saintsfan017 said:

I REALLY hope the field will look MUCH better than last year's Super Bowl field in Houston, sure hope the team colors will be painted on the 25 yard lines, and the red & blue lines painted at the 50, and the two point conversion lines painted in the team colors, I just hope the NFL shield and the Super Bowl LII logos are painted with MUCH BETTER PAINT that will hold up throughout the game, and I'd LOVE to see the AFC and NFC logos painted in the end zones as well, hope the field painting crew will do all of that

@Saintsfan017/@nola field lover Between your two accounts, you've made this request/comment 24 times in the past year, including several which have been redacted by the mods.  Maybe you could assume that everybody in the thread is aware that you prefer team colors at the 25's, the two-point conversion line, and red and blue at midfield? (Props for using your dupe account to tell yourself to stop, though - I'll admit that was pretty funny).

• Like 1

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

27 minutes ago, Veras said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Saintsfan017/@nola field lover Between your two accounts, you've made this request/comment 24 times in the past year, including several which have been redacted by the mods.  Maybe you could assume that everybody in the thread is aware that you prefer team colors at the 25's, the two-point conversion line, and red and blue at midfield? (Props for using your dupe account to tell yourself to stop, though - I'll admit that was pretty funny).

27 minutes ago, Veras said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sorry about that, never meant any harm

On 1/19/2018 at 2:28 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

MOD EDIT

I would love to see all that too (I remember you posting last year about the 25 yard lines and two point line, LOL), but the trend for the NFL the past few years has been to 'lessen' the field and not have it 'pop' with logos, good paint, done up endzones, etc..I wish I knew why.

Can it just be laziness??  There has to be a reason.

Edited by Atomic
Removed repetitive inquiry

Design in general seems to trend towards less. It seems like all the newer team name scripts are one solid color with no outline. I don't care for it myself. Outlines give it a little extra pop. I believe the last outlined team script was for Super Bowl XLVII. 

iq5b7nF.png

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, Saintsfan017 said:

The purple lines are still on the 25 yard lines, hope they will outline the 50 yard line and paint the red and blue lines, and paint the team colors on the two point conversion lines

Hey VisionaryDot: could you add the team colors at the 25's, and the red and blue lines on the 50, and add the team colors for the two point conversion lines?

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:30 AM, pitt6pack said:

They took away the purple outlines from the field, but the numbers are still there as is, so maybe they will keep them. I was wrong about them replacing the entire field, and my thoughts on the numbers were based on them replacing the field. So I can see them just using the numbers that are already there. We'll see as the week goes on. Hopefully they bring back outlines for the team colors.

Slim I'd say. I think the person that wrote the article probably either doesn't pay much attention to Super Bowl fields, or used Super Bowl logo instead of NFL logo, to make things simpler for the average reader. It would be neat to see a change, as long as it isn't a the Super Bowl logo at midfield, and NFL logs at the 25's.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, jc... said:

Maybe the Broncos template is the official "first draft" template of the NFL. If you remember back to Super Bowl 50, you'll get the joke!

I think it would be pretty cool if they put the Super Bowl LII logo on the 50 yard line, and put the big NFL shields at the 25 yard lines

3 minutes ago, VisionaryDot said:

Time to start prepping an Eagles Patriots Field

Realistically, we knew the field template would not change, if anything, it would have been worse. If the eagles can finish, which, who knows, we’ve seen big comebacks before, I would expect any more than this field, but with the Vikings number font (I’m on mobile so I’ll have to do it tomorrow when I have my laptop)

lKlOyK9.png