Elite Pro Football League (EPFL)

JB-the-Hunter

I'd go with Columbia Chameleons instead. Columbia has a local chain of restaurants called "The Lizards Thicket"

You got it.

Austin Armadillos

I like. Might go with this one for Austin, but I also don't want all animal teams in one division, or do I? That does sound pretty cool.

How about the Boston Revolutions, to represent its role in the revolutionary war.

Or maybe I'll take it one step further and go with Boston Revolutionaries since that actually represents people as opposed to Revolutions which represents an act.

Why not just Boston Revolution?

There's an MLS team already named the New England Revolution...

Dawg is other word for Dog. Unless you rather Riverdogs?

I was being sarcastic. I don't really care for names like that.

What's the reasoning behind some of the cities? Do they have a history?? It just seems weird that you'd dip into a place like Clemson to host a team.

There's only so many places you can choose not already taken by the NFL before you have to start reaching. Also, it seems weird that the NFL would dip into a place like Green Bay to host a team, doesn't matter though. Some teams are bigger than their cities.

How about the Boston Revolutions, to represent its role in the revolutionary war.

Or maybe I'll take it one step further and go with Boston Revolutionaries since that actually represents people as opposed to Revolutions which represents an act.

Not sure I like the Foxes name for Milwaukee... it has a lot of cache as the identity of the Appleton/Fox Cities Foxes of the Midwest League and is still very tied into that region in Wisconsin.

Blitz, Barons, Gulls, Herons, Breakers, Outlaws, and Riders are all great names for a team from Milwaukee for varying reasons.

Riders is already taken by my Nashville team, and I have a really cool concept for them. The logo will explain everything if I can bring the image I have in my head to life.

As for the Foxes name, I guess I can change it to one of your suggestions, but I'm not a fan of names like Blitz/Barons/Outlaws because they seem like names you'd find in many other sports teams and that's one thing I really tried to steer away from with this league. You're going to gave to explain to me the relevance of the other names, because my knowledge of Wisconsin consists of cheese and forrest animals.

Gulls and Herons are breeds of marine birds that are common in the Great Lakes region. Being on the Lake Michigan shoreline, Milwaukee is home to a lot of each.

Breakers has a double meaning. It can refer to the breakers of the waves that crash into the shoreline, and the name of the "wings" on the Milwaukee Art Museum is "brise soleil," or "sun breaker."

Great idea here! Currently working on something similar and you have a lot of the same places. As far as clemson goes it is part of the Greenville media market which is the 36th largest in the u.s. and larger than 4 NFL teams. So whether you meant it or not that would be a great place for a pro/semi - pro football team.

or Albuquerque Invaders, Visitors, Aliens

Invaders is a name I thought of last night, but Visitors sounds more unique and more eerie.

What ever you decide for ABQ you got to find a way to incorporate the center design on the New Mexico flag, or at least derive some elements from it.

company-news-entry-114927-new_mexico-fla

Will definitely try.

Archived