US Soccer crest

AcesAreWild

The US Soccer crest feels very dated to me, it screams early-90s. While saying this a few times on twitter, I finally decided to do something.

The crest keeps the same general shape that they use now but is elongated. It's meant to feel like a combination of the old crest, that was featured on the Centennial kit, and the the current one. The three stars (current) and 13 stripes (original) combine to make something that says USA without actually having to have the letters on it. I also opted to leave the soccer ball out because we know it's for soccer, and I've never liked when they include the ball of the sport it's for in a team logo (league logos are obviously a bit different but the MLS one could also use an update).

UPDATE: Based on feedback this would the the actual organization logo while the left half would be the crest present on the jerseys. I may look around for a different typeface since I like the feel but not the exact look of this one.

854426700.png

Thanks. That's a good point. This was meant more for the jersey than anything else and the identifying text of "US Soccer" could be there for the other places it would appear: online, stationary, partnerships, television graphics. This text could be off to the right of the crest, but not a part of it. Will have to work on that.

Thanks for the feedback. Made a edit to include the organization name. Going to work on showing how the crest would look on the kit (along with design some different kits).

I like it, but agree with the suggested comments. I would also ditch the outlines on the stars and make them blank white ones; they resemble clip-art stars right now.

I tried the solid stars and that felt empty. The idea of the shade is to represent what it would look like embroidered as a patch or on the kit.

Archived