American Collegiate Sports Association(Feedback Needed)

@UniformDesigns

Series  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've decided to start back up on the boards on a different approach. My other threads didn't go well so I'm only going to stick to this. This is a fictional league made only with paint and if you want to help make the logos just message me.

Here is the team list:

Des Moines Golden Domes

Domes_zps765f6b3b.png
Atlanta Tech Rebels
Spokane Lumberjacks
Oregon Tech Mustangs
Capitol Hill Rockets
Canton Racers (unique take on a bit of an uncommon name).
Lakeside State Elk

SLCElklogo_zps1cca5aca.png
Pensacola State Flyers
Central Kentucky Bluegrass (maybe a banjo)
Erie State Generals
College of Roanoke Stars
Northern Bears

NorthernBears_zps2af8f6ce.png

Central NY Bluejays

CNYJays_zpsdbe23172.png

I'm not sure you understand how these forums work. You create your own logos, the rest of us provide feedback, then you take the feedback and improve the logo. Work on one concept at a time, especially when you're just starting out, rather than tackling a big league all at once.

rATMcmK.png

I'm not sure you understand how these forums work. You create your own logos, the rest of us provide feedback, then you take the feedback and improve the logo. Work on one concept at a time, especially when you're just starting out, rather than tackling a big league all at once.

I know but I just want to keep everything on here so that it doesn't create a mess and I don't care how long it takes

Use photographs of deer--easily found online--to serve as a model for your drawing. As to the colours, you have the unnatural blue for the deer's fur (why two shades, I don't understand) and a natural colour for the antlers. Colleges don't generally go for natural colours--think of Golden Hurricane and Green Wave, off the top of my head. Simplify your colour scheme.

rATMcmK.png

Use photographs of deer--easily found online--to serve as a model for your drawing. As to the colours, you have the unnatural blue for the deer's fur (why two shades, I don't understand) and a natural colour for the antlers. Colleges don't generally go for natural colours--think of Golden Hurricane and Green Wave, off the top of my head. Simplify your colour scheme.

Ya but what should I fix?

What you need to fix is that you're not looking at models. You're coming up with an idea in your head of how a deer looks. That's not how the vast majority of artists and designers are able to work successfully. (The ones who can are the rare geniuses, which I doubt any of us here are.) Studying closely how the different parts of a deer relate to one another, the proportions and distances, will show you what you need to fix.

rATMcmK.png

Ya but what should I fix?
Everything. I'm sorry but there's nothing here that's salvageable. There's just nothing here. Let me ask, at 14-years-old, just how much experience do you actually have with logo design or graphic design in general?

At least this looks more like a deer. To make this better I would add more detail and turn the details you have into shapes instead of lines. For colors I would suggest green and brown if your sticking with deer.

First off, it's clear that you looked at reference photos, and I think we can all tell the work is improved a good deal. Good job.

University colours usually aren't related to the mascot because they're not necessarily decided by the same people or at the same time. Think first of what colours your university would have, with little to no consideration for the mascot. Universities typically only use two or three colours in their logos. I count five here.

As far as the logo goes, it seems to me that you're drawing outlines and filling them in. In fact, when you draw, you should think in terms of shapes, not outlines. This will give a cleaner and more robust look to your work. If you're using Paint, use the many shape-drawing tools to put your logo together. Those of using more sophisticated programs do the exact same thing.

Consider the shape of the neck. It looks awfully thing for a buck. Consider where to cut it off, and how to make the edge of the cut look clean and finished.

Keep it up.

rATMcmK.png

First off, it's clear that you looked at reference photos, and I think we can all tell the work is improved a good deal. Good job.

University colours usually aren't related to the mascot because they're not necessarily decided by the same people or at the same time. Think first of what colours your university would have, with little to no consideration for the mascot. Universities typically only use two or three colours in their logos. I count five here.

As far as the logo goes, it seems to me that you're drawing outlines and filling them in. In fact, when you draw, you should think in terms of shapes, not outlines. This will give a cleaner and more robust look to your work. If you're using Paint, use the many shape-drawing tools to put your logo together. Those of using more sophisticated programs do the exact same thing.

Consider the shape of the neck. It looks awfully thing for a buck. Consider where to cut it off, and how to make the edge of the cut look clean and finished.

Keep it up.

I agree. Some specifics to the deer face would be to maybe change the eyes a little. Maybe give a little more life to them. Also, think about giving the snout more of a barrel shape. But only do these after you learn more about drawing with Paint. This one is highly improved from the first one, so good work there. Just keep taking feedback, and spitting out concepts. We're here to help. Keep it up! :)

I Changed Salt Lake to Lakeside State and I believe I have a final logo. The feedback is amazing on this and it has motivated me.

Two Questions: How is the best way to make wordmarks and what sports should I add when the logos are done or should I do one whole team with all the uniforms and logos and then do a new team. Thanks

Lakeside State Elk

SLCElklogo_zps1cca5aca.png

Here is Salt Lake City. I know it's not very good but I want you guys to tell me what to change, and I'm going to fix the round head.

See, I'm fine with someone posting something that they want to make better. However, when you're posting something you know from the start isn't good then I struggle to find why you're posting it. If you yourself don't think it's good then you shouldn't be content to show people. I always tell myself that I should like or love something before I post it. 9 times out of 10 if you don't like something then people on the boards won't like it.

Here is Salt Lake City. I know it's not very good but I want you guys to tell me what to change, and I'm going to fix the round head.

See, I'm fine with someone posting something that they want to make better. However, when you're posting something you know from the start isn't good then I struggle to find why you're posting it. If you yourself don't think it's good then you shouldn't be content to show people. I always tell myself that I should like or love something before I post it. 9 times out of 10 if you don't like something then people on the boards won't like it.

Don't complain about something that is fixed. Just wanted advice and that's what I got now it's good.

Don't complain about something that is fixed. Just wanted advice and that's what I got now it's good.

Well more or less It's advice for the future.

Archived