Johnny Manziel Logo Concept

breakfast

Hello concepts, like in the title you can see that I have a Johnny Manziel logo concept, its still in the very rough stages and is not likely to amount to anything real but with LeBron James and many other superstars getting their own brand logo, we already know, Johnny Football is going to have his own. So without further ado, my initial concept:

johnny_zps65e26a7c.gif

sign_zps4131b0ad.gif be_zpsbdc59341.gif cargo_zpsbdc59341.gif dribbble_zpsa770bcd0.gif

Use an arrangement that's natural to how the English language is read. This is the same reason why I always thought the old Blue Jackets logo was ridiculous. If you took the letters in order, it said "CJB", not "CBJ".

rATMcmK.png

Here's a better version:

JACKASS-LOGO-666.gif

and now I remember why I left these boards in the first place, comments from users like this and the lack of creative assistance on this platform has dwindled to a handful of users while the rest lack any creative juices and are left leaving remarks like above or spitting out non-sense.

sign_zps4131b0ad.gif be_zpsbdc59341.gif cargo_zpsbdc59341.gif dribbble_zpsa770bcd0.gif

Nice job. Any way the bottom of the J can mimic the top of the M?

Also, the line under the M may be better suited as the top of the J. It may help both aesthetically and closer represent the actual letters.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

and now I remember why I left these boards in the first place, comments from users like this and the lack of creative assistance on this platform has dwindled to a handful of users while the rest lack any creative juices and are left leaving remarks like above or spitting out non-sense.

Oh, you left? Didn't notice.

p4Ut2be.png

I really like this. JM2 is obvious in there, but I agree that it can also be read in the wrong order. My advice is to keep toying with it, but it is definitely a great start.

Thank you, I've been toying around with it and likely will have an update soon if at all, I'm actually becoming quite fond of the image.

Oh, you left? Didn't notice.

I'm sorry you are? Another mindless troll, go find another thread to pleasure with your annoyance.

I like the simplicity a lot. The only knock I have on it is the order, but I can see why that is a necessary evil here. All things considered, it's miles ahead of where his current logo is. Did you do any other sketches or concepts leading up to this one?

And regarding the useless C&C/trolling, just ignore it, man. Take anything with substance and apply it -- you just have to filter through the rubbish sometimes. This community can be a great asset if you approach it that way as opposed to fighting fire with fire ;)

Also, the line under the M may be better suited as the top of the J. It may help both aesthetically and closer represent the actual letters.

I was thinking about that too, but it might look too much like a 'W' instead of a 'J.'

You've got a really solid look here, I definitely see the J, the M, and the 2. My only issue is that, as others have mentioned, is that I see the M before the J - but I don't know how you could fix that without compromising the mark. Maybe try swapping the colors?

I like the simplicity a lot. The only knock I have on it is the order, but I can see why that is a necessary evil here. All things considered, it's miles ahead of where his current logo is. Did you do any other sketches or concepts leading up to this one?

And regarding the useless C&C/trolling, just ignore it, man. Take anything with substance and apply it -- you just have to filter through the rubbish sometimes. This community can be a great asset if you approach it that way as opposed to fighting fire with fire ;)

I had about 3 other variations that came to my head, but most were a little "too common" if you will just working with initials, this was my most unique one that I found that I was actually proud of and felt the need to turn from sketch to vector. I definitely find that this little necessary evil was needed because an its nearly impossible to make a combo of the 3 without making the M first, but then again maybe he could just use Manziel and drop the johnny ;)

I finished the logo and actually placed a mockup presentation on my behance here.

I was thinking about that too, but it might look too much like a 'W' instead of a 'J.'

You've got a really solid look here, I definitely see the J, the M, and the 2. My only issue is that, as others have mentioned, is that I see the M before the J - but I don't know how you could fix that without compromising the mark. Maybe try swapping the colors?

https://www.behance.net/gallery/17192687/Johnny-Manziel-Logo-Concept

Archived