Worst / best "behind homeplate look" in MLB ?

Rays

I never liked the wall behind home plate in Olympic Stadium. It was a big contributor to the lack of "ballpark-feel" the place had.

joey-bats.gif

I'd say there were A LOT bigger issues than that..

Anyways I've always been partial to Wrigley, especially before the ads (it felt so clean and fresh when it was the last holdout)

Unfortunately it kind of sucks this year with the logo behind homeplate. Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I seriously dislike that trend. It isn't bad in person, but on TV it's illegible during an at bat and just further dismantles the cleaness of the backstop look.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

I never liked the wall behind home plate in Olympic Stadium. It was a big contributor to the lack of "ballpark-feel" the place had.

joey-bats.gif

I'd say there were A LOT bigger issues than that..

It was one of many, but was definitely the most noticeable when watching the games on TV.

Can the picture see the aquariums behind home plate at Marlins Park? I am not sure, but that would be my favorite as I thought that was a pretty cool idea when they built the stadium.

35524-full.jpg

looks great

I hate the backstop at the Jake. It just looks stupid.

Cleveland's backstop is very similar to the one in Anaheim.

In Comiskey II and a few of the initial retro ballparks, there was an "umpire's tunnel" right behind homeplate, which was basically a big doorway and lots of emptiness. The tunnel area in Comiskey II was huge, and it pretty much took up the entire screen on footage of pitches. When the Sox started renovating and making US Cellular Field what it is today, they added a group of premium seats behind homeplate. It greatly improved the look of the game to have people sitting behind the plate, instead of just a big concrete hole. I'm pretty sure renovations in Colorado and Baltimore also reduced or eliminated those umpire tunnels. I'm surprised that the Sox would forgo seating behind homeplate in the park, as it's just common sense those seats are going to sell for good money. I guess it's just another blunder of the original version of this park.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived