Crest Concepts for USLPro Teams (Rochester Added)

BigRed618

Basically what it says on the tin. Most of the USLPro teams don't look too bad, but I feel could use some fixing. I made three concepts starting out, and I'll update when I can.

COLORADO SPRINGS SWITCHBACKS

col_Springs.png

They had a good idea, but it's way too busy in my opinion, so I simply took away all the unnecessary clutter and effects and made it more presentable.

WILMINGTON HAMMERHEADS

wil_Hammerheads.png

I figured the best way to go with Wilmington is to go for a simpler look. I took the shark from their old logo and put a W behind it.

ARIZONA UNITED

arz_United.png

For Arizona, I got another one of those weird-enough-to-work ideas again. A stylized AZ merged together inside a red oval.

C&C appreciated, as always.

For the switchbacks you fixed a lot of what is wrong with that logo but needs some cleaning up especially in the word mark.

For Wilmington its a good logo, but not a good soccer crest, the original is much better in terms of what a soccer crest should be.

And for Arizona it's just a huge miss. There is no way I would be able to tell thats an AZ without being told. And there is nothing there that tells me its a soccer logo or even a sports logo. It looks more like a cheap gas station logo.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the weak start. I have some new stuff here that should be better...

ARIZONA UNITED (Updated)

arz_United.png

Arizona's current crest is solid, but it doesn't say much about the region it represents. I'm not sure what that eagle is supposed to stand for, for instance. My concept has a bit more of a wild-west theme, with the cowboy boot shape and of course, the Arizona flag up top. A bit unorthodox, I know, but not every soccer logo needs to be shield-shaped.

ST. LOUIS FC

stlfc.png

The Chupacabras, as a few support groups are nicknaming this team, actually have a decent crest, so I'm just showing you what they'd get if I was making the logo. I took direct inspiration from the St. Louis Stars of the old NASL, in hopes that that same nickname would catch on with this new team. I made the crest with the current colors and the NASL colors. C&C appreciated, as always.

LA GALAXY II

la_Galaxy_II.png

I was meaning to put a wordmark underneath the logo, but you should get the idea. A stylized number 2 with Galaxy's famous sigil, the hypocycloid, in the middle.

ORANGE COUNTY BLUES

oc_Blues.png

I wanted to make something more simple, So I made something inspired by an old logo used by the NBA's Warriors. I made it primarily white and orange so it would stand out better on a blue jersey.

OKLAHOMA CITY ENERGY FC

okc.png

Again, OKC has a nice crest, but it suffers from the same illness Colorado Springs has: too much stuff going on. I liked the part with the star and the "OKC" inside, and how the stripes on the bottom of the shield make it look kinda like a dreamcatcher, alluding to the state's Native American heritage.

C&C appreciated. More to come.

I like the idea behind Galaxy II, but it is a bit hard to see the 2 at the moment. Maybe try re-working it.

I get the reference to the Warriors for OC, but I just don't think it works for a soccer club.

I like what you've done with OKC. The star-circle is really nice to look at. I wonder if the stripes are unnecessary, I think the circle-star could stand on its own as a great crest.

Overall, very inventive stuff (as your concepts usually are). Keep up the great work.

You did great with Oklahoma City and Colorado Springs. You just did small tweaks that genuinely improved the logos. But the ones where you're just trying to reinvent the identity are missing the mark. I'd love to see what you do with some of these other ones with the approach you used for the best two.

rATMcmK.png

HARRISBURG CITY ISLANDERS

harrisburg_Islanders.png

When I first heard of the City Islanders, I was bewildered, much like everyone else who isn't from Harrisburg. But then I did my homework on the matter. Turns out the team's stadium is located literally on an island. City Island is a mile-long island in the Susquehanna River between Harrisburg and Wormleysburg. The island is mainly used for leisure and sports activities. Harrisburg has two other sports teams that play on the island.

As for the crest, the main thing I wanted to do was give them something besides a wordmark to identity themselves by. They needed a symbol. The stick figure kicking a ball is positioned so it's shaped like an "h." There's a palm tree next to the figure, and the shield is shaped like a keystone, symbol of Pennsylvania.

• 2 weeks later...

ROCHESTER RHINOS

roc_Rhinos.png

The Rhinos are one of the more well-established soccer clubs in the US, so I thought a fauxback look would work for them. I'm mostly satisfied with how it came out, but part of me thinks a different font for the wordmark would make it look better. What do you think of it?

Archived