Software to create jerseys, logos concepts

AppleMacfan95

Hi,

Im trying to create a uniform/logo concept for the Houston Rockets and a new uniform concept for the Houston Astros. Houston has so much history in sports, I just want to incorporate old iconic colors and new uniform design together. I was wondering what software people use to create such uniform and logo concepts.

i use photoshop for unis and illustrator for logos thats what most do but some use ai for unis too. I would get creative cloud if i were you

Some use paint and inkscape too but results are worse

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

i use photoshop for unis and illustrator for logos thats what most do but some use ai for unis too. I would get creative cloud if i were you

Some use paint and inkscape too but results are worse

Inkscape works just as well as Illustrator and creates just as good concepts.

CS is expensive and Inkscape works just as well as illustrator. Also for like 30 bucks you can get Corel Paint Shop Pro, which isn't much worse than Photoshop. I thought I saw somewhere that they were giving away Photoshop CS2 for free, so you may want to look into that. Ignore what Jaker52 says about Inkscape, I've seen many people make better concepts than he does with it.

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

Software doesn't make the design. So instead of worrying about what's "best" (no program is going to make great art for you), focus on learning the required skills in one program, and work on improving your quality and efficiency.

I've seen work done in Paint that dwarfs what some people do with Illustrator. It's all in how you learn and utilize the tools.

For about the most user friendly, and easy, design program, I highly recommend Paint.net, it's about as easy to work in as Paint, but includes layers, and other higher program tools. It's what I use.

For a tutorial (yes I know its hockey, but these are the basics for concept making) here,

http://www.hockeyjerseyconcepts.com/p/paintnet-tutorial.html

Good Luck on your search!

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Drdougfresh is dead on. I'm a notorious Paint user, but I try to be detailed as hell and put thought in my design instead of just turning up the lens flare filters in PS or Gimp.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

For about the most user friendly, and easy, design program, I highly recommend Paint.net, it's about as easy to work in as Paint, but includes layers, and other higher program tools. It's what I use.

For a tutorial (yes I know its hockey, but these are the basics for concept making) here,

http://www.hockeyjerseyconcepts.com/p/paintnet-tutorial.html

Good Luck on your search!

Second this: Paint.net is quite good

I also use Pixlr.com

It's a Photoshop-lite that's entirely in the cloud. Advantage - no install, always in a browser. Disadvantage - have to save your work offline, can't continue from a previous session easily.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived