Tony Spike an introduction and art thread

Tony Spike

well hi their

my name is Tony, im from a place called Doncaster in the region of Yorkshire (think last of the summer wine) in the UK, and i have spent the best part of the last year commenting on various topics here on sports logos (as Tony Wright)

and since today (June 25th) is my birthday i recently decided to join the forum

now a little bit about myself ...i have spent the best part of 25 years an avid sports fan mostly association football, F1 and pro wrestling but most sports in general catch my eye

i have extensive knowlege of paintshop pro, and have spent the last 5 years learning how to edit properly so if anyone needs help i dont mind giving said advice i also have extensive soccer knowlege you can always tap into too

i have also a passion for computer game editing specifically sports games and am current in the process of creating a website dedicated to these various sports games, but i spent the last 5 years on a wrestling game forum creating characters logos and belts for the various e-feds their and spent time roleplaying them too

now the purpose of this post is to showcase my various soccer editing projects and possibly get feedback

see i have been editing computer games since the 90s and among the things i have created is a wrestling federation (SWA in 1999) a racing fed for the mpire mall (but i never started running it, i just got the concept going) and a football association (the MMFA c1992 ...yep been at this that long)

out of these my main passion is the football (and its the thing i spent the most time on) and its time i shared it .....so heres a brief history before i start wheeling out the designs ect

1992 - created my first team Edlington United on paper (i had got into the newly created premier league)

1998 - created a league for the team and created 19 other teams .....added them to sensible soccer on the amiga ...enjoyed

2001 - added another 20 teams and another whole league (and by this point i was in deep creating cards with the kits on ect)

2010 - added 18 of them to pro evo 09 and flashed out each clubs historys briefly (i have fileboxes of this stuff)

2012 - expanded to 46 teams and 3 leagues ...created other leagues of the same level in the FA pyramid, and a champions league to compete in with the intention of eventually filming them for peoples Roleplay pleasure ....began task of editing fifa 12 for this

2014 - reduced teams in the YFA to 36 for practicallity and tweaked a few things here and their

it sounds like i dont have a life but i have an active one believe it or not lol

so here are a few things to remember when critiquing my designs, ......some kits may be based on real templates and where the club has been formed by supporters of a certain club inspiration may have been drawn from that club (FC united of manchester draws from man united in real life)

also for speed of creation and simplicity (i want to play this thing).....i might have taken images from internet searches (clip arts ect) so some of the graphic elements have been reused multiple times so dont be too harsh on em for that inspiration is hard to get at times

also ..i have no idea where i got a lot of these images from so i do not in any way claim any of the elements to have been created by me unless stated otherwise ....the overall design (ie colour shape ect) is the thing i will be displaying .....if i was doing this seriously i would have taken the time to design my own elements but again ...speed is the key ....and they are in no way final (when i get time i will make my own pieces ...im just getting a feel for what looks good atm and wanting to generaly get them done)

hopefully you wont judge me or my talents for this .......but enjoy

and hopefully when i get going i will be able to run my league here

thanks

You should post all those in a thread

i am ..this one but since their is no intro thread i thought i would get that out the way first ;)

by the way i think the topic title needs editing to be shorter and say YFA (yorkshire football association) but i wanted to intro myself so their we go

first up the frst club i ever created

Edlington United Football Club

Formed:1992

formed by members of the local school the colours incorperate the colours of the school uniform and the school logo (blue jumper & black trousers with a red E in times new roman font)

Club Colours

blue and white striped shirts (originally royal blue but now lighter)

black shorts with blue alternates (blue became the primary shorts in 1994, 2012 and 2014)

white socks with blue alternates

Notes

created at 7 years old i based them on my school and my favorite team (Sheffield Wednesday)

Logo History

edlo_utd.png

Do you have images of the uniforms for your teams?

not yet im still creating them all but as soon as they are done i will post them (im having to create the templates for them first you see .....i require a 2d kit and a 3d kit for use in fifa ....so atm they are all jotted down on scriblepads waiting to be converted for fifa use ....and from 1992 thats a lot of goddamn work lol)

next ....the team my brother created to rival my team

Edlington Town Football Club

Formed:1993

formed by the Edlington United reserves team who were unhappy with the lack of playing time they had gotten the previous season - decided to become the towns team and took the white greyhound as their logo (local legend tells of a white greyhound that saved its master from getting shot by robbers by leading him away from their hiding place and attacking them ....their is a memorial to the dog on their estate in the local woodland) though lack of funds in their first season prevented them purchasing a kit so they borrowed Edlington United's old yellow away kit (and in a generous donation their home ground and some funding) .....their original logo reflected this, and although the clubs consider each other rivals the clubs parted on good terms (thanks to Uniteds charity) and every year the local derby is played in good spirit - Town recently added the E on its logo as a mark of respect but the E had been used on the shorts between 93 and 2000

Club Colours

yellow shirts with blue trim

blue shorts (their first season in 1993 they used yellow shorts due to using United's kits)

yellow socks with blue alternates

Notes

created by my brother and based on brazil (he was 4) i fleshed out the logo designs properly last year ....he only created the bare bones of the team ....i used the logo of scottish team motherwell as the basis for the second as i liked the shape and the fact it has a wood on it (edlington wood) and added a vector of a greyhound in stride to the bottom

Logo History

edlo_town.png

before i upload any more team logos ...i managed to find some old kits i did ..this should give a rough idea of what were looking at when i actually create the custom teams

im not using these templates anymore ..the files were too big so i have had to change them,

the left is the 2d kit and the right is the fifa 12 3d skin

1.png

as i say im not using these anymore and this is because i made new ones but this kit represents arsenal fc from 1994-1996

and heres how it looked in game when i tested it, the stitching isnt supposed to be their the only reason it is is for when i have to create the bump map ....it wont be their on the actual textures just be visible when the light hits it

2.png

Welcome aboard :welcome: can't wait to see what you're bringing to the table.

Though I've never done it myself, I'm familiar with modding, as a few of the posters here used to churn out NHL series mods, not sure if they still do. I'm positive we have members who're also part of the FIFA, Pro Evo, NBA Live and NBA 2K mod communities, though they'd have to point themselves out, as I couldn't tell ya who they are. I know one thing, ColeJ, Moser, capn89, Wurldwyde, Avenger...give em a hockey temp, those guys make :censored: magic.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

lol cheers its a pleasure so far ....anyhoo i got another team to set, ....whilst i created a team and my brother did ..i present the team i created to be my main competition is next, created by my freind

Stainton Football Club

Formed:1993

formed by the local public house they play their games on the field next door, the village is situated within lands traditionally owned by the earl of scarborough, and thus the green parrots are taken from the earl's coat of arms and give the club its nickname (poppinjay is a heraldric term for a parrot) and club colours

Club Colours

green shirts with white arms

black shorts with green alternates (the first few seasons green were their primarys)

green socks

Notes

created for a freind who lived in the village ...i didnt really resolve the logo or historys properly till last year

Logo History

stainton.png

im from a place called Doncaster in the region of Yorkshire (think last of the summer wine)...

Superb. We just need to find one more Yorkshireman on here and we can all roll down a hill together in a tin bath. :)

im from a place called Doncaster in the region of Yorkshire (think last of the summer wine)...

Superb. We just need to find one more Yorkshireman on here and we can all roll down a hill together in a tin bath. :)

LMAO ......tha's reet ya know .....i think thas a gud un in brid lol

seriously though ....i like the idea of more of us being around cos i wouldnt mind some help with making a few teams for the other 3 counties .....im only making the south lol

For the logos for which you're showing their whole history, could you post them in chronological order? It's hard to follow the development as you're showing them now.

rATMcmK.png

For the logos for which you're showing their whole history, could you post them in chronological order? It's hard to follow the development as you're showing them now.

they ARE in chronological order the one on the left is the earliest logo used by the team the one on the right is usually the last - the dates for each are written underneath each logo, ....and anyl ogos that are used exclusivly on shorts or are commemoritive patches ect - are named so (shorts logo ect)

any team with only one logo hasnt changed their logo since their formation ..those with multiple have

simples

and now two more teams

Conisborough Football Club

formed by the local residents the club takes its logo and nickname from the local landmark (a 12 century castle) and the book Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott that featured the it prominently

Club Colours

sky blue shirts (occasionally the club has used sky blue and white stripes)

sky blue shorts with blue or white alternates

sky blue socks with blue or white alternates

Notes

the town next door to mine ....i created the team but i didnt create the logo or historys till last year

Logo History

conn.png

Balby Carr Football Club

formed by workers at doncaster plant works (the local locomotive manufacturers recently turned carriage fitters) they play their games in the area close to balby carr school and thus take their name from this (instead of the hexthorpe area where the plant is situated) though the club has expressed a desire to move closer to its roots nothing has come of this, their club nickname (the railwaymen) reflects their heritage and the club logo has an image of one of the famous locomotives produced at the plant in its days owned by the LNER the record breaking Mallard (the other being Flying Scotsman) the clubs colours (blue and red) are thought to have been inspired by the colours of Mallard (garter blue and red wheels) though the club has used mostly red in an effort to emulate FC Barcalona

Club Colours

red shirts with blue stripes (or vice versa)

red shorts (sometimes blue and on one occasion white)

red socks

Notes

another town i didnt flesh out fully till last year

Logo History

balby.png

they ARE in chronological order the one on the left is the earliest logo used by the team the one on the right is usually the last - the dates for each are written underneath each logo, ....and anyl ogos that are used exclusivly on shorts or are commemoritive patches ect - are named so (shorts logo ect)

any team with only one logo hasnt changed their logo since their formation ..those with multiple have

simples

Ack, I just noticed that the last one is the *shorts* logo; the date underneath that one is why I thought they were out of chronological order. Sorry about that.

rATMcmK.png

simples

Ack, I just noticed that the last one is the *shorts* logo; the date underneath that one is why I thought they were out of chronological order. Sorry about that.

naah its alright ...i mean strictly speaking the final one marked logo should be called commemerative logo instead since it was only used in 2013 to mark 10 years

ok the final lot ....this gives us the first 10 founding teams and the 1993 sudden expansion team

Austerfield Football Club

formed by the local village, the clubs badge represents the Mayflower the ship sailed to America by the villages most famous son William Bradford Original Pilgrim Father and founder of Plymouth Colony, Massachusetts who was born in the village

Club Colours

claret shirts with white arms

claret shorts (with white alts)

claret socks

Notes

i decided on the claret after being inspired by northampton town, and with luck found it looked good with the gold trimmed badge

Logo History

aust.png

Finningley Jets Football Club

formed by the local Air Force Base (closed in 1996 and now Robin Hood International Airport since 2009) and by the members of the squadron based their, the club takes its crest from the base insignia and its colours from the white rose and blue field on the crest itself, it is the only club allowed a roundal in the center of its shirt to honour its air force connections, the club was also granted a special dispensation to wear a patch on the opposite side of the shirt to mark 10 years

Club Colours

white shirts

blue shorts (with white alts)

white socks

Notes

badge and roundal are air force inspired, but i pilfered (cant remember where from but i hope they dont mind, its only for personal use anyways) the commemorative patch from a new york jets logo created by someone trying to remake all the NFL logos in a european soccer style, i just enlarged it, coloured it blue and added 10 years in place of the NY

Logo History

finn.png

Mexborough Football Club

formed by the local town they took their club colours from the south yorkshire flag

Club Colours

white shirts with green and blue trim (have been known to use celtic hoops on occasion)

white shorts

white socks

Notes

inspired by celtic i just tryed to keep this one simple ..the shield version is from the actual s.yorks flag but coloured instead of plain white in the correct colours of the flags top and bottom parts, please note that the flag itself probly didnt exist in 1992 but im letting it slide hell if anything i can always say the flag was inspired by the team lol

Logo History

mex.png

Rawmarsh Football Club

formed by the steel mill their nickname is the iron for the same reasons, the anvil on the badge also represents this, the club gained its colours because the owner was an everton fan and wanted to show this

Club Colours

blue shirts

white shorts (blue alts)

blue socks

Notes

i wanted a teams inspired by liverpool and everton ......this was everton

Logo History

rawmar.png

Tickhill Rovers Football Club

formed by a few liverpool and manchester united supporters at the local pub, they take their badge from a combination of the old liverpool logo and the local landmark, the Buttercross after a few seasons it was decided to add elements from the manchester united logo to appease the other half of the founder members, in 2001 shading was added to the badge as was the trend at the time

Club Colours

red shirts (green white and black trim depending on the season)

red shorts (white or black alts depending on the season)

red socks (white or black alts depending on the season)

Notes

i wanted a teams inspired by liverpool and manchester united so i did what i could to mix the two great rivals

Logo History

tick.png

Warmsworth Athletic Football Club

formed by workers from Hepworth PLC (now Wavin) the club considers itself a rival to the edlington teams due to Wavin being situated on the border of the (pretty much bolted on) towns but chose to represent warmsworth since edlington already had a team (this would become two in 1993) they play their home games at the Welfare Ground,home of Yorkshire Main Football Club, and the Yorkshire Main Cricket Club (the former sporting sides of Yorkshire Main Colliery before its closure by the Thatcherite government in 1984) because of this and the running track and other sports facilitys (all former mine facilitys) the club chose the name "Athletic" and the customary nickname that goes along with it "the Latics"

Club Colours

red shirts with white stripes

blue shorts (white alts)

blue socks (white alts)

Notes

i didnt actually arrive on the badge for this club till yesterday, i went for the atletico madrid look

Logo History

warms.png

ok thats all of the 10 founders and the 1993 expantion uploaded ..i will upload the rest another time im hoping to pull up a few kits, ....C+C is welcome of course, but please bear in mind what i have said in my first post, oh and will someone please tell me how to change the name of the goddamn thread lol

Archived