Africa Direct Logo Concept for Business (Critiques NEEDED)

So my mom works for this company and she is starting the new branch for the USA and so I designed a logo since theirs is very boring. I took the A and D and smashed them together, then relizing it looked like a elephant head i turned the middle line in the A to a Tusk and extended the trunk. if there is ANY feed back that would be awesome!!!

http://mccraewilliams.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/AD-Logo-batch-1.jpg

http://mccraewilliams.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/AD-Logo-batch-3.jpg

YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON THE PICTURE OR LINK SO THEY DONT LOOK SO DISTORTED

AD-Logo-batch-1.jpgAD-Logo-batch-3.jpg

I like the first one best, with the tusk but without the tail. Kind of clever how it all came together. If you still need to add text, I'm sure there's enough space to do it under the D but not dropping below the elongated arm of the A.

Make the tusk black and it's a winner

Gotta disagree. The ivory tusk stands out on an actual elephant, and it does here as well. It's a subtle way to get across that it's supposed to represent an elephant without beating the viewer over the head with details.

Top left is definitely the best in my opinion. What if you curved/stylized the "trunk" part of the A to make it look more like an elephant? It might be a fine line between elephant and the acronym, but if done right could look pretty good. Just throwing ideas out there! I'm loving the idea though!

EDIT: I also agree that the font for "Africa Direct" is too weak compared to the rest of the logo. I would find a thicker and sans serif font to tie it in better with the AD icon.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived