Stein Creative - MLB All Star Game logo

OhioSportsMan61

I loved the original design and this one is really good as well. I voted for you in the Open;) anyways the colors of the shoulder patches on the home and away seem out of place because of the colors. (Maybe use the hat logo instead) As for the alternate it's out there and looks cool. Just not sure how itd look like on the ice.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back with another mini project that I have been working on recently! This has been done for a week or so, but I am now just getting around to posting it here on the boards.

Based off of most of the posts here and also on twitter, it seems that the general consensus for the newly released MLB All Star Game logo was very positive. While I do agree that it is a strong mark, I feel that it is lacking something that speaks to either the city of Cincinnati or the host club. So with that, I went ahead and came up with this logo for the week of festivities for next summer.

To start off, I'd like to post some of the original artwork/planning that I based my final design off of. I usually don't start my concepts out on paper, but for this one I decided to do so...(sorry, my drawing skills aren't too great)

image_zpsd9a99f7e.jpeg

image2_zps31147e6d.jpeg

And finally, here is the final digitized version of the mark. C&C is always appreciated! Let me know what I can improve on here. If this gets some positive reactions, I may go and create a whole thing for the ASG (i.e. uniforms, pillbox hats, merch, etc.)

Logo_zpsf60b7cbc.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

wow, on paper I wasn't really feeling it, but it turned out nice in the finished copy. Much much better than the real one for sure. I don't follow Baseball much so I don't know where you can improve, but it doesn't appear you need to. A preference though, not too big on the ALL STAR GAME font, but its probably traditional and Baseball likes to be traditional

Archived