VIKING LOGO HELP/PROGRESS

Christian Legault

A while back I did a viking logo for my school. (they currently rip off the Minnesota vikings logo) Originally it was for my improv team so thats why it's a little cartoony. But id figured id make it more professional. Again today I noticed I could improve it so i fixed it again. Feel free to give me some advice because I'm always looking to improve, i really only started making logos about 2 months ago so this has been practice with the pen tool. ( the first viking was my second logo ever made, thats also why its bad)

logoviking_zpscfba657b.png

vikinglogo1_zps732449f0.png

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

No offense or anything, but with that tongue it kinda makes his face elongated. I would make the area for the mouth smaller. I would make the eyes purple so they don't blend with the eyebrows

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Here's a color I might think you need:

the code is #000000

and it's called black.

Either work the "screaming mouth" or eliminate it entirely.

Why would I use black when I have a color scheme going on. I don't want to use black when I don't need it. And yes, people have made it clear, I will rework the mouth

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Here's a color I might think you need:

the code is #000000

and it's called black.

Either work the "screaming mouth" or eliminate it entirely.

Why would I use black when I have a color scheme going on. I don't want to use black when I don't need it. And yes, people have made it clear, I will rework the mouth

Well, you've tried to avoid black in nearly all of your concepts.

But, there's no other way of filling in the grey part in the mouth other than either dark red or black.

The light grey and skin tone don't have enough contrast. Like other have suggested, using purple, black, or just a dark enough shade of grey will improve this.

The progression from the first 3 looks good, so this is going in the right direction.

I think switching the grey with purple will benefit this logo tremendously. Like what you did with the mouth this time around, but make sure you keep that smirk grey.

One more thing that I noticed is his left hand. Fingers shouldn't bend like that and it doesn't seem like he has thumbs (unless they were chopped off in ax axe juggling accident)

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

• 2 months later...

Archived