Carolina Hurricanes Logo Concept

DatsyukianDekes6

I just quickly made this today. Let's all be honest...the current logo looks like a toilet lol...anyway, I'm kind of new to making logos, so any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

P.S. - Sorry if this offends anyone, but I took a clipart of a hurricane news logo, cleaned it up, changed the color and made it a "C". Again, as I said, I'm new to this and I only have Paint.net, so yea...

Carolina_Hurricanes.png

as a hurricanes fan, I like the current logo, but hate the uniforms. the secondary logo is better than the primary in my opinion, but I like both of them a lot. the current uniforms are just generic crap, if you're going to make a mock for the canes, I would make a modernized version of their old uniforms.

16ger2r.jpg

2nlz4b7.jpg

2mmcyh1.jpgS2006_zpsooeigvfb.png

• 1 month later...

Here's and update. I added black trim. I think this one looks a lot better.

Carolina_Hurricanes_2.png

My opinion:

At first, I didn't like the idea of this one compared to the official ones being used, however, upon further review, this isn't bad.

The black trim added definitely would be the way to go as opposed to just plain red.

I always thought the Canes color scheme looked too much like Detroit.....but the black in the Canes (which Det obviously doesn't have), is the savior for them...so should it be with your concept logo.

This logo still isn't perfect.

What might make it?

Well, I like the idea of the 'C' and its edges representing an actual hurricane...how about some lines (not sure where exactly) to sort of give the illusion the 'C' is actually SPINNING like a hurricane?

Or somehow make the 'C' not so perfectly rounded to give the illusion of spin.

Kinda like the officials...only not to the extent they did it, so as to avoid the "toilet" look...haha.

Good stuff though.

Archived