Iowa Cubs logo

Jaybird

I think that the Iowa Cubs need a new logo. Does anyone have any ideas? Here is my reason why:

I watched last year's AAA All Star Baseball game from Memphis, TN (PCL-host league) and this year's from Pawtucket, RI (IL-host team), and both years I have noticed the uniforms of the Iowa Cubs, the Chicago Cubs' AAA affiliate in the PCL. The home uniforms have the word "Cubs" in script like Chicago did a few years ago on their road uniforms, and the road uniforms have "Iowa" in script.

However, I think that their logo needs changing. The Iowa Cubs use the same logo as their parent team but has the word "Iowa" above it, which they use on their caps, and on the uniform sleeves, they have the Cub in the letter C with the word "Iowa" above it.

I would like to see the Iowa Cubs change their logo. I know on the uniform sleeve, they should have the Cub on a map of Iowa instead of the current design.

Finally, if you have any suggestions on how to change the Iowa Cubs logo to give them a distinct identity yet still have the tie-ins with the Chicago Cubs (in other words, like Ugoff in the Burger King Commercials, "Separate yet Together"), let me know.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

i'd probably go that route too, with one alteration: instead of the cub on all fours, i would use the pitcher cub that the Rockford Cubbies used several years ago in their brief time as a Cubs farm team.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

What about Iowa in blue with the O being the Cubs primary logo? It keeps the tie in with big league club, yet gives it a different look. The walking Cub with the state of Iowa behind him would be a nice hat/shoulder logo.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Actually (tradition be darned), would give them their own unique nickname. I know they've been the Cubs since 1982, but they were also the Oaks from 1969-1981.

Personally, I prefer minor league teams that have their own identity; not just a carbon-copy of the parent clubs (see Clearwater Threshers - nee Phillies)...

Actually (tradition be darned), would give them their own unique nickname. I know they've been the Cubs since 1982, but they were also the Oaks from 1969-1981.

Or they can go even further than that and (pardon the pun) resurrect the old Undertakers nickname from the 1930's. They were famous for being the first pro baseball team to play night games. Ironic since the Cubs were the last major league team to play at night.

But Undertakers might not be "family friendly" enough, so I'd be all for bringing back the Oaks.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Personally, I prefer minor league teams that have their own identity; not just a carbon-copy of the parent clubs (see Clearwater Threshers - nee Phillies)...
Or they can go even further than that and (pardon the pun) resurrect the old Undertakers nickname from the 1930's.

Undertakers? I could "dig" that. But seriously, brings up too many visions of the WWF/WWE.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I always liked the old cubs sleeve patch. well, I guess they still use it. But that could be used in some fasion.

Did they have a polar bear at one time or was that daytona?

for some moronic reason, it's Daytona. i think they still use it. a steering wheel would work better IMO, but then that's just me.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That's always bothered me, too.

Seems like every other minor league team is named the Braves.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I'm sorry, it just struck me as a little strange that you say this and have the Omaha Royals in your sig.

Very nice job Evan!! I like that one much better than their current one.

I'm sorry, it just struck me as a little strange that you say this and have the Omaha Royals in your sig.

Yeah, no kidding!

I'm just rotating my avatars and sigs, and I decided to put the O-Royals in there...

What can I say? My parents are from Omaha - I've got a soft-spot for the town...

Yeah, no kidding!

I'm just rotating my avatars and sigs, and I decided to put the O-Royals in there...

What can I say? My parents are from Omaha - I've got a soft-spot for the town...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with that!! :) It was the irony.

Archived