NFL Color Rush uniforms - nfc West added 12/1/15

oldschoolvikings

I didn't even realize you kept to that ️NFL rule about the helmets. Very impressive stuff given that handicap and restriction of the NFL rule

Thanks. That's the idea, to sort of hand myself this problem and see what I could come up with. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough in my 1st post, so let me try again...

The scenario I'm playing with is, what would I do if the NFL put me in charge of this color-rush deal, but left the basic restrictions in place? In other words, they had to be monochrome from the neck down, including socks and shoes, they had to utilize each team's existing helmet shell (although decals and masks could change) and they would preferably use brighter colors from the teams current palette, or from their history. So, if you look at the 1st eight I've completed, these all fit.

A personal opinion. I love the color vs color match ups. Great idea. But why do they have to be monochrome with leotard looks? That's what makes them ugly. Not your concepts, but in the real NFL. The leotard monochrome looks stupid. Color v color would be great

Oh, I agree completely. I hate all monochrome, and the leotard socks and cleats just adds to the ugliness. But this is what the NFL is doing for these games so I'm just playing along. Obviously, given complete control, it isn't the way I'd go.

too much green on the eagles, the darker one looks teal

Well, that is the current actual shade of the Eagles helmet. So, given that I wanted to do a nod towards the 70's Eagle uniform, and the NFL's current rules say the helmet can't change, this is what I got.

That is awesome!I'd love to see the Eagles wear that...The other ones are nice too great job...

How do you make these edits? Those are clean. Im new to this, what program do you use?

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "edits"... I'm just working off a template I cobbled together from various places. These are just done in plain old MS Paint, but most of the concepts you see on here are done in Illustrator or Photoshop. I have had to learn both of those for work, but for some reason I still prefer to do concepts in paint...it's clunky, but suits my temperament, I guess.

Oh I'm sorry I meant blue with green and white stripes like the picture. My bad

Yeah, maybe, but they've always worn blue, so (like the Bills in red, the Jags in gold) I thought I'd go with the more "color rush-y" choice. Plus, since I'm stuck with the navy helmet shell, I didn't want to use the original royal blue.

Oh I'm sorry I meant blue with green and white stripes like the picture. My bad

Yeah, maybe, but they've always worn blue, so (like the Bills in red, the Jags in gold) I thought I'd go with the more "color rush-y" choice. Plus, since I'm stuck with the navy helmet shell, I didn't want to use the original royal blue.

Ok fair

its not really a color rush if arizona is white

You've defeated the main purpose of the color rush uniforms, which is to be color vs. color. The Cardinals should have colored uniforms

Cowboys did the same thing in real life

but they have a ligitimate reason, they always wear white, even though i believe they should of worn silver and carolina black

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what you mean... Isn't this green with white and blue stripes?

crseah_zpsodmkb5s0.png

I love the concept of these uniforms, but I think the sleeves for the Seahawks Cr-Tb would look really nice with a Seahawk Logo/Stripe like the 1983-2001

1983-2001:

http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/BrianOConnorrRBX/media/Example_zpsxc7vgg1t.png.html

Another thing i think you should add, that really doesn't matter is, changing the collar color to the blue you're using with a white outline just to give it an old fashion look although it's only my opinion.

Keep with the good work man. (**)

Archived