Michigan Tech Huskies Redesign

MDGP

With NCAA Hockey conference playoffs coming up, I was looking at some of the smaller schools competing for a spot in the national tournament. Suffice to say, there are a lot of logos that aren't very good. One of the ones I noticed most was the Michigan Tech logo. The husky is a strange blob shape with squared edges on the left side, and a mediocre font. A team that is competitive on the national stage deserves a quality logo, so I attempted to make one myself.

56e0537aed5ec_MichiganTechHuskiesPrimary

I attempted to keep some of the main features of the original logo, particularly excluding the eyeball. I also decided to make the logo a bit more streamlined and intense.

56e05424046ed_MichiganTechHuskiesSeconda

For a secondary logo, I created a simple letter logo, with the word Tech at the bottom. This creates a simple, yet recognizable letter logo.

56e054280eda6_MichiganTechHuskiesScript.

The script logo remains largely the same, with some tweaks.

56e0542a1ad1a_MichiganTechHuskiesUniform

Finally, the uniforms, which are based on the team's current alternates (they might be their primary uniforms now, though they used to wear the Bruins template). The yellow uniform can act as both a home alternate and road uniform, while the black uniform is used on the road whenever the yellow jersey would clash.  

Thanks for viewing! C+C is welcomed!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Love these logos. So much better than what they have now.

I love how you cleaned up the husky, but still kept the main core of it.

Personally, I think you should have the husky logo on the home and away, and leave the text for the alternate. Just a thought.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

1 hour ago, ZionEagle said:

Love these logos. So much better than what they have now.

I love how you cleaned up the husky, but still kept the main core of it.

Personally, I think you should have the husky logo on the home and away, and leave the text for the alternate. Just a thought.

I would agree, though I know having the script as the logo is very college hockey.

Thanks a bunch for the comments, guys! I've got a few updates to address the concerns raised above.

On 3/9/2016 at 4:46 PM, GeauxColonels said:

Great start. I feel that the canine teeth look a little long. I have looked at husky pics and they probably aren't....but the proportion just seems a little too dramatic. Just my opinion.

I took a look at a bunch of pictures again, and generally the canine teeth can be extremely long when bared. However, I did alter the teeth a bit to improve the proportion, and I added other teeth to improve the perspective.

56e44063874d1_ScreenShot2016-03-12at11.0

I've also mocked up the jerseys with the logo and script swapped. I vastly prefer the primary uniforms featuring the script, but I figured I'd show off the design with the primary logo.

56e440af7b6b5_ScreenShot2016-03-12at10.5

On 3/10/2016 at 10:26 PM, MontyK17 said:

wow this is amazing! great work! maybe for your next one you could design a logo for the North Dakota Fighting Hawks who are yet to put out a logo around a hawk 

Thanks! I've definitely been thinking about doing a concept for them at some point (I really would like to do one for all 60 teams). I'm not sure if they'll be next (probably not, I've had some ideas for Alabama-Hunstville), but you can expect to see them at some point in time!

Again, thanks for the comments, and if anyone else has any C+C, definitely feel free to leave it.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I think the huskies look great as the logo on the yellow and black jerseys, but I feel the script would look better on the white one.

Of course, I'm assuming the black is the alt jersey, so maybe they would just look good the way you had them previously then.

Still, this redesign is beautiful anyways :)

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

On March 11, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Lafarge said:

Thanks a bunch for the comments, guys! I've got a few updates to address the concerns raised above.

I took a look at a bunch of pictures again, and generally the canine teeth can be extremely long when bared. However, I did alter the teeth a bit to improve the proportion, and I added other teeth to improve the perspective.

56e44063874d1_ScreenShot2016-03-12at11.0

I've also mocked up the jerseys with the logo and script swapped. I vastly prefer the primary uniforms featuring the script, but I figured I'd show off the design with the primary logo.

56e440af7b6b5_ScreenShot2016-03-12at10.5

Thanks! I've definitely been thinking about doing a concept for them at some point (I really would like to do one for all 60 teams). I'm not sure if they'll be next (probably not, I've had some ideas for Alabama-Hunstville), but you can expect to see them at some point in time!

Again, thanks for the comments, and if anyone else has any C+C, definitely feel free to leave it.

Alabama-Huntsville would be good, they certainly need an update!

VWSqUJp.png9GfZbEP.pngPFHWZkI.png

Archived