Houston Bulls NHL

CrazyTex00

Whoa, whoa, guys, he has 16 posts under his belt, and it's posted without any further comment. He hasn't said it was his, he just hasn't said...anything.

Maybe he saw it and wanted to share it and didn't know that it came from this board or Mr. Wonka, he just shared an interesting image he found. After all, this isn't the concepts page. 

I'm going to give @CrazyTex00 the benefit of the doubt. Until he says he owns it, let's not jump down his throat. No need to chase down the n00bs. 

From here on out, CrazyTex, know that people are very sensitive about ownership of intellectual property and the stealing of concept and concept elements. I know that most high schools and even colleges will use all sorts of logos without any sort of permission or acknowledgement, but we take that seriously around here, and rightfully so. Mr. Wonka worked very hard on that and he deserves credit for his work. Keep that in mind. ...and post things without any sort of context at your own risk. It's easy to misunderstand when there's nothing there to understand.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

^^My same exact feelings.  If he had said this was his work, then there would've been a problem.  Countless times I've come across concepts and didn't know the creator of them.  So I'll also give him the benefit of the doubt.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

2 hours ago, hockey week said:

Whoa, whoa, guys, he has 16 posts under his belt, and it's posted without any further comment. He hasn't said it was his, he just hasn't said...anything

That being said, guidelines are quite clear. If you use someone else's logos in your own work you need to credit them. 

Just taking someone else's concept isn't ok at all.

Going to have to lock the thread because of that. Plagiarism, even unintentional plagiarism, is never ok. 

• IceCap locked this topic

Archived