Houston Bulls NHL Expansion Team

MrWonka

Hello everyone, It's been a while since I've last posted on this site. Glad to stop by and see some new people posting! This is one of the first concepts of done in quite some time and I figured I'd add it to the forum. This was my senior project for my Graphic Design major. The last graphic design class in my college career! In short, we had the whole semester (a little more as we started at the end of last semester) to work on a brand. There were 14 students in the course and we all picked something to brand. Some picked fast food (You can see some of her work on my Behance project page), check the game program), some picked guitar stores, puppy adoption, Positive news stations, but knowing me, I had to do a hockey team. Full project on Behance, feel free to check it out on there or just see some of the images here! Link: https://www.behance.net/gallery/51875739/Houston-Bulls-NHL-Expansion-Team

behance.png

behance3.png

behance7.png

2 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

I love this. Definitely the best Houston NHL concept I've seen yet! I'd also love to see your logo progression to see how you got to this design.

Head on over to the Behance link! Thanks guys!

Incredible, incredible work. I seriously cannot get over the professionalism and greatness of these designs. The posters, logos, uniforms, mockups, tickets, everything was phenomenal.

And you even got a jersey made up! Where were you able to do that? I've wanted to do that for years.

Anyways, I'm in love with this. Everything about it is amazing.

You deserve an A, and then some extra credit.

It's good, but I really think this is one of those logos that could benefit from actually dropping the shading. I'd love to see just a "flat" version.

And, in the 'H' logo, am I the only one that sees two penguins hugging while stargazing? 

Wow, Dylan...

Fantastic project...The presentation is top shelf. The logo at centre ice...The caps and sweaters...The action photos...There's some really nice "photoshopping" happening here.

I really enjoyed and appreciated the inclusion of the prelim sketches: that's where it all begins!

I think you made the right choice in going with the bull logo as the primary. The "H" logo is great, but in a supporting role. It makes much more sense after seeing the bull.

The unis are simple and sweet. I like the font you've used for the wordmark, but I'm not sure I'd use it for the back numbers...and THAT would be my ONLY nitpick.

There's a LOT of good work here. I'd put some more images directly in this thread. (Some people may not take the time to go to your link).

A+ for sure.

Nicely done MrWonka.

2 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Wow, Dylan...

Fantastic project...The presentation is top shelf. The logo at centre ice...The caps and sweaters...The action photos...There's some really nice "photoshopping" happening here.

I really enjoyed and appreciated the inclusion of the prelim sketches: that's where it all begins!

I think you made the right choice in going with the bull logo as the primary. The "H" logo is great, but in a supporting role. It makes much more sense after seeing the bull.

The unis are simple and sweet. I like the font you've used for the wordmark, but I'm not sure I'd use it for the back numbers...and THAT would be my ONLY nitpick.

There's a LOT of good work here. I'd put some more images directly in this thread. (Some people may not take the time to go to your link).

A+ for sure.

Nicely done MrWonka.

This means a lot coming from you sparky! The font on the jerseys was a huge question for me. Nice to finally get some feedback on that!

I've been digging through the concepts forum since joining, and your work (as well as that of Sparky) is always gorgeous. This is no exception.

I have two minor nitpicks, though:

- Maybe a little bit too similar to the old Dallas Stars Mooterus logo?

- The snout is a bit off. I don't know how better to put that. I guess it's a little big and separated?

EDIT: Now that I've clicked Behance, just wanted to say I love that side view of the bull, and am very curious how you got that jersey made.

On 4/25/2017 at 3:37 PM, Big Yellow Flag said:

I've been digging through the concepts forum since joining, and your work (as well as that of Sparky) is always gorgeous. This is no exception.

I have two minor nitpicks, though:

- Maybe a little bit too similar to the old Dallas Stars Mooterus logo?

- The snout is a bit off. I don't know how better to put that. I guess it's a little big and separated?

EDIT: Now that I've clicked Behance, just wanted to say I love that side view of the bull, and am very curious how you got that jersey made.

I can see both of your suggestions. The process and decisions made were VERY tough. What's good for Houston, the NHL, the whole sports world without getting too close to an established brand? I felt with the horns being the other way it was enough to be different from Mooterus and may be refreshing to some Dallas fans hopping on the Houston bandwagon? :)

Jerseys are a tough subject. I'm actually not too pleased, the colors are very off and the logo on both home and road are missing some things. Still trying to work things out with the company but I'm not going to give them any good advertisement (Yeti Sportswear).

Archived