Going Full Yankee: An MLB Series

colinturner95

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, let the record show that I :censored: hate school right now. 

That said, next up: Minnesota: 

KwNbniw.png

I ran into a couple stumbles when I was doing the Twins. First I wasn't sure whether to use the retired M with the underswoosh or the TC logo. I went with the TC logo given that it has been in use in some capacity since the early Sixties. 2nd stumble was the away uniform text. I could have used the old block text from '97-'08 but I wasn't a fan of how it was arched and so I used the current Minnesota script, de-angled it and got rid of the under swoosh. I think it came out looking okay, but I'll wait and see what you guys think

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The Twins look good! The TC was definitely the best move. Although I'm not the biggest fan of it, for this series I would actually go with the old arched "Minnesota" block wordmark on the away, just because it's more in-style with the Yankees.

LomGaUM.png

So before I went with the horrible arched text they previously used, I wanted to try something else. I took the Minnesota text from the old primary logo and arched it less radically than the other option and used that. As you can tell, I don't want to use the old text. Let me know what you guys think. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 10/20/2017 at 4:09 PM, bkknight95 said:

JNHP0Qu.png

Quick project-wide note, there will be no NOB's going forward. I played with it on the first few teams and the consensus became apparent to me that it's been okay but would look better without the names. Anyway that aside, Cincy is up next. First note is that I dropped the black from the scheme. It might cause similarity issues between them and Philly, but I've never liked black in the Reds look so I took the chance to get rid of it. That being said, home uniform is very Yankees looking. I took the sleeve stripes on the road from Cleveland because it fits the Reds too. 

C&C welcome!

I like this, but I would take the word reds off on the chest. 

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

It's more Yankee-esque, but I still think you made the right choice. 

Any chance we could still see the Angels with the "A" on the home jersey?

I'm actually a little embarrassed that I screwed this up. 

WwoAOAG.png

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived