Kansas City Royals Concept

AAO

The face seems like a cross between a lion and a camel, and it reminds me of a stuffed animal...I think the snout is too long. It's not angry or roaring, so it has a majestic quality about it, but it's not quite done yet.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Looks good. I like the Lion head a lot. I don't think it needs anything, it's fine with no teeth showing. It's a prideful lion. I like the colors, although I would like to see more of the royal than the navy blue. Also, the "Kansas City" in the main mark could be a little bigger. It kinda gets lost. I like this a lot as a redesign for KC. Very nice work!

Although I like what you've done here, the colors are too much like the Brewers. I think if you used something other than navy for a jersey color, the Brewer comparison wouldn't be there. Maybe use gold for a jersey?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

... and don't they have to wear gray pants if they're the away team? Other than that, nice job.

Actually, Discrimihater posted a very nice explanation about this recently on another thread. A team can wear white pants on the road if given permission by their league. Back in the '80s when the Cubs wore only their royal blue pullovers on the road, they wore white pants with them.

As for the design, I find it to be your best logo so far, and the set is a great concept - I like the addition of all of the gold. However, with a name like Royals, I agree with B&B, that royal blue ought to be the dominant color. I'd tone down the use of navy so as to be a trim color with gold, use royal blue as the principal color, and this is easily my favorite out of all of your stuff, and that's saying something because you are one of the best on this site.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

A team called Royals needs more royal blue and less navy.

I agree with the above statement, but AgainstAllOdds has a very good concept.

I really love it!!! As a Royals fan (dispite getting raped by Seattle) I love this concept. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I actually like the concept, but it could be improved. A few suggestions:

1) I like the lion-head logo...it could be faced right and placed inside an updated shield.

2) The "Royals" wordmark could be splashed across the bottom of said shield.

3) Royal blue is perfect primary...old gold and either silver or columbia (light) blue for accents.

[447]

A couple of comments from a Royals fan...

1> First of all, damn man---this is solid! Very nicely done! I'm a pretty staunch traditionalist, so it takes a little to move me, but I really like the tertiary logo...not saying the lion isn't cool, but I'm more a fan of the KC

2>The home jersey is very good, but the alt. is just outstanding. I really like the dark blue letters on the T-Wolves blue jersey.

3> I like the road jersey as another alt. (the Royals currently have four jerseys), but I would like to see the roads stay gray. Keep the letters the same in color as the home, except make it the arched "Kansas City", and I think you'd have a good road jersey.

4> I'd love to see what you come up with for batting practice jerseys...I think the KC logo on the T-Wolves blue would be a start..

Good stuff...I'd buy this gear in a second (and nice touch with R's prospect Denny Bautista on the back, although Grienke might be the better prospect).

The lion is okay, I guess, but it's nothing I've ever associated with the KC Royals. Too much navy and gold, not enough royal blue. Why can't the numbers be straight block numbers? Even though IT'S THE FYOO-CHORR, some teams have gotta have plain old sports numbers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That'a a nice job. It must have been a lot of work. Weren't the Royals named after some "Royal Stock Show" involving cattle? I get the association with the Lion, but try one with a Bull.

On the wordmarks. Royals is OK. I never really liked the block "Kansas City" on their road shirts. The script they used in their first few years was dynamite and a lot nicer . I don't care for white pants on the road. Road pants are GREY!

And the number font says "basketball" to me. Try one with a little more fullness to it. :grin:

I believe the Royals were named after the Monarchs of the Negro Leagues.

But they're not called the Monarchs now are they. It's named after the Royal Livestock Exposition.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

you add a gold crown on that lion and its perfect.

btw, I remember linking to a site where they would make your fantasy hockey jerseys for you, is there a site like that for baseball jerseys? I would consider having this made.

Although I like what you've done here, the colors are too much like the Brewers. I think if you used something other than navy for a jersey color, the Brewer comparison wouldn't be there. Maybe use gold for a jersey?

Ahhh, or how about a nice mustard color like the ones used for BP at Milwaukee's All-Star Game a few years back?

6uXNWAo.png

Archived