New MLB undershirts

Cianfrocco

Does anyone know where they sell these on the Internet? The ones with the multi-colored dots? I know, they look terrible, and I am not looking to buy one. I just need to find a picture of what the full shirt looks like. Thanks!

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

While they are illegal technically, I think the only players who have ever been told they had to change are pitchers. Pretty sure I heard or read (uniwatch maybe) that the league sent a memo around that told the pitchers not to wear them.

And the only reason they did that is because the dots are kinda shiny and it bothers the batter. It's ashame they won't just get rid of them all together since it breaks the solid color rule.

Some (like the Cards navy dots on red) don't look near as bad as others (like the Pirates bright yellow dots on black), but I don't like them.

I also don't like them because the torso section is grey and you can see grey underneat the collar on the players.

Those weird undershirts are illegal and I saw an ump once demand it be removed.

Only for pitchers. They have been OK'd for position players...

And the Yankees photo doesn't illustrate the uglyness enough. Not enough contrast - Here's the Cubs:

18885061_l.jpg

Moose

The shirt could be pink with forrest green plaid, gold paisley, and eggplant polka dots, if i looked that buff when I wore it.

And i'd buy 50 of them.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Some (like the Cards navy dots on red) don't look near as bad as others (like the Pirates bright yellow dots on black), but I don't like them.

To somewhat stay (not) on this topic, how can the Pirate players wear these? Doesn't uniform mean one form? You have the standard shirt of a black shirt with a Pirate head on the sleeve and then you have some with just black shirts and no Pirate, but now you have a bunch of players with these on. There is no Pirate and since the yellow sticks out so much, it looks like there are some guys with a yellow undershirt. It looks horrible.

KISSwall09.jpg

I just saw a pirate player last night wering one of these (I think it was Jack Wilson) while most of the other players had the regular issue black shirt with pirate patch on the sleeve. Wilson's undershirt looked HIDEOUS, with a retro type of uniform and "futuristic" undersleeves. These are a decent Fashion or off-field workout look, but I agree that all undershirts to be used in a game should be solid.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Watching Opening Day I wondered how so many of the Reds already had dirt or pine tar all over their sleeves before the game even started. These shirts are just so stupid.

Agreed. They are smudge shirts. I hate marketing people.

Archived