NBA Concept

V3NOM

Ok so this is my 1st official NBA team concept and it could possibly turn into a league wide concept. But Back To the jazz...

I took out the purple, silver and navy blue and left the ice blue. I also added black to the color scheme to have some form of a dark color in there since i took out navy. I made the classic logo the primary, upgraded the current alternate to the secondary and downgraded the primary to the alternate. As far as the uniforms go, i wanted to incorporate the mountain back on the uniforms in some way and i think it turned out pretty good.

jazzset.png?t=1259302579

C&C appreciated

THE PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW ME WILL BEGIN TO UNDERSTANDV3NOMsig-1.png

RedSox2-1.pngCeltics-1.pngPatriots2.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is actually a pretty nice concept, pretty unique i think. but i don't like the jagged edges on the top and bottom of the jersey/shorts. i think that needs to be tossed. it ruins the flow of the side panels. then again the smooth curves don't really match the "mountain" feel of the logo's if ya know what i mean. but either way ditch the jagged peak lookin' things on the top and bottom. maybe make thicker black accents too because its pretty absent in the uniforms. maybe add a black alt. jersey if you don't wanna add more black to the other jerseys.

change the name font too. it's barely readable.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

The jagged edges make it look like tattered rags - kind of like what a caveman would be wearing. Make them look more like mountain peaks.

Also, use the primary wordmark on the road jersey. The white just isn't working. White for the numbers may be OK though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ok so for the 76ers, i didnt have to do much logo wise. I turned the partial logo into the new primary, made the 13 stars the secondary and made the classic wordmark the primart wordmark. As far as the uniforms go, Its Hard to describe what i was going for so you have to be the judge yourself.

76ersset.png?t=1259396509

C&C Please

I like the font you chose for the numbers. I also think the design of the jerseys is kind of cool, slightly similar like the sonics old jerseys or others from many years ago. I think basketball can get away with flashy/unusual uniform designs easier than say football or baseball. However, I think the Sixers wordmark should be completely within the red or white or blue and not sticking out. Also there are too many thin outlines on the wordmark. Maybe take 2 or so of those thin outlines out all together. The rest of the jersey doesnt have really any outlines. How does Iguadala look in white on the home jersey. Another very minor thing I just noticed that maybe is unintentional, but the 76ers logo is smaller on the home jersey than the other 2. Either way I like this idea youu have and its very close as far as my opinion goes.

I have no idea what you were going for with those Sixers jerseys. That design with that wordmark simply doesn't work. Asymmetry + symmetry usually doesn't work.

It looks like this is more of a copy and paste of past designs rather than a concept. You have the mid-'90s wordmark, the '00s numbers, and the classic logo. Maybe try to come up with something new an original, or at least have a reason for how things are mixed together. As it stands, it looks like you just found a funky template, and started pasting things on it.

Also, only the Pistons use straight NOBs. Everyone else arches them. Not sure if you used straight on purpose or not, but most of the time, arched works better.

Actually, IMO, NOB under the number works best... but I realize I'm in the extreme minority there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ok I'm Going To update the Sixers.

I Took Jaha's advise and went for the raptors next. This one is actually experimental so if i need to re-work the whole team, i will. lol. I took out silver in the color scheme and kept the basic's. I brought back an old secondary logo and wordmark. For the uniforms i went all out and crazy. Made sorta like a Dino back side panel. It's complicated to explain...... See For yourself

raptorsset.png?t=1259471059

C&C really Appreciated

While I'm not really a fan of what you've currently done so far (other than the Jazz update), you have spirited entusiasm and originality toward your work which isn't too common around here and I hope you make more concepts as a result.

Raptors:

- Tone down those numbers, they are HUGE. No way would you be able to fit a double digit number on there.

- I prefer city name on road and team name at home; however, some teams can pull it off. I don't think the Raptors can pull it off, though.

- I love that wordmark for the alternate uniform.

Sixers:

- Not a fan of the asymmetric design, name or number font. Take this one back to the drawing board and start from square one.

Jazz:

I like the update you did, seeing as how the lines are sleeker. It's just a smooth design overall and I like it.

for the raptors one I really really like the font you chose for the alternative. i wish the Raptors still had those crazy pinstripe jerseys so some degree, maybe toned down and modernized a bit, but that font makes me think of Damon Stoudamire when the Raptors first used that font back in when they were new. However. the font chosed for the last names i cant stand. Also something I just noticed, and this goes for all your jerseys unless this is intentional, but basketbal jerseys always have arched last names if Im not mistaken otherwise how is Nesterovic going to fit on there? I like the diamonds on the side too, they just seem really big and intruding onto the front and backside of the jersey rather than just on the side. slim those down and I like it a lot. oh yeah and as has already been mentioned, the numbers could be a lot smaller. but good job. i like some of your ideas here

Not a fan of the Raptors set, the diamond pattern doesn't seem to add anything to it to me. The Sixers is an interesting idea, bit I think you need to figure out how to fit the names and 'Sixers' wordmark on a bit more neatly, and find a more professional looking number font.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

OK I'm Back!!! I had to work on my science fair project for school so i didn't really have enough time work on the teams. I haven't work on the 76ers and Raptors updates yet but im gonna get right on it. I did however work on a quick little Celtics set to just keep the topic alive. lol.

I am actually quite surprised with this set, If nothing else, because i did it in such a short period of time. The one jersey i think you guys might like is the alternate but that's for y'all to decide.

CsSet.png?t=1259792511

yesssssssssssssssss i love that word mark on the alt. and i wished they used it in real life. i'm glad to seen that thrown on there. it needs to be straightened out a little though. it looks wicked one-sided to the left. center it and put the number below it. i would also rather see gold then black as well or in smaller amounts. change the font on the back of the jersey i doubt that'd be very readable. over-all i don't think its a huge upgrade. but i do like most of it. good job on all of these so far.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

I like those Jazz concepts, though if the mountains are to be integrated back into their look, I think a silhouette or outline with the color being the same on both sides of the line would work, but that's just me. Outside of that, I think that light blue/black is an interesting way to go.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived