NBA Concept

V3NOM

Thanks for the comments guys. today im going to do the magic. im also probably going to update all of the teams i need to after the concept id finished. just throwing that out there.

THE PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW ME WILL BEGIN TO UNDERSTANDV3NOMsig-1.png

RedSox2-1.pngCeltics-1.pngPatriots2.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of messing with the Celtics unis. I hate their current road alt. and can't stand the St.Patty's Day crap they have been wearing the last couple of years. What you did looks even worse than those and to think this is coming from an apparent Celtics fan! Click,Click Boom!

You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of messing with the Celtics unis. I hate their current road alt. and can't stand the St.Patty's Day crap they have been wearing the last couple of years. What you did looks even worse than those and to think this is coming from an apparent Celtics fan! Click,Click Boom!

I will agree that you should not change the Celtics' look. I will not, however, agree to "Click, Click Boom!"

If you must change the Celtics....then don't. Refrain at all costs. If you are doing a series where you MUST change every team, then add Gold trim. I will maintain until I die that the current Celtics' home and road looks are 100% perfect.

im skeptical as to whether or not i should do uniforms for the remaining teams. its taking me a long time for the nets uniforms and i really just want to move this series along. I did however come up with new logos for the nets. Its sort of an update of their old logo with an alternate.

netslogos.png?t=1260663462

What You guys think???

im skeptical as to whether or not i should do uniforms for the remaining teams. its taking me a long time for the nets uniforms and i really just want to move this series along. I did however come up with new logos for the nets. Its sort of an update of their old logo with an alternate.

netslogos.png?t=1260663462

What You guys think???

I think that Nets "alt" logo took a paint bucket tool all of 5 seconds to complete. The primary maybe 10. I usually not one of those guys that rips people concepts for how long it takes or how much effort, but this one is really poor. Sorry.

One thing I do like is the use of red. Their current logo is navy and grey... very bland. And if they do end up moving to Newark I imagine they'll be using way more red so that their theme stays consistant with the red of the Devils' Prudential Center.

As a lifelong NJ resident (but Knicks fan) I'd love to see a well crafted new Nets logo... but this isn't it.

If you want a good starting point... the Nets' Dancers actually have a really interesting word mark. If you use the "S" in Dancers and replace the "Dancer" with "Net" you might have a solid Nets wordmark

netsdancerslogo.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Your "alt" logo could never be trademarked, so anyone in the world could just make bootleg (but legal) Nets gear, and sell it. There's no way in hell a major team would put themselves in that position.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd love to see this script updated to modern times in a new look for the Nets. Coincidentally, I have one, but it's on my hard drive that I can't access because it's making a funny noise and won't show up when I plug it in.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 2 months later...

Im back again. im suprised by how much time its been since the last reply on this topic but whatever.

I started a knicks concept which isnt really nothing fancy. Just clean and simple.

While i was gone i had some nice ideas for the nets and sixers and im also trying to figure out how to vector my drawings. can anybody help with that. thx.

Heres the knicks:

knicksconcept.png?t=1266920958

First off, you need to use ALL CAPS in the type for the NOB. It looks really poor in lowercase, and highly unprofessional. Id also bring the lettering back up so that they're even with the armholes. I think if you go back to a standard font like you used fot the script and use those as the number font, you're on the right track.

Well i just finished my 76ers update which is completely different from the 1st one i did. The alternate uniform was experimental; it sorta pays tribute to the old logo set but the home and away uni's are sort of a rendition of the American flag with the stripes going down the sides. i tried doing something different with my 1st alt jersey idea which ima post later:

76ERSCONCEPT.png?t=1267002908

btw, the alt is pinstriped

Um... none of those logos go together. At all. You basically took two unrelated logo sets and recolored them, and then used an old wordmark that doesn't match either. I like the third jersey, but the number needs to be bigger and the font is bad too. As for the regulars, Impact? Really? Other than that, they seem a tad plain.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• 3 weeks later...

Im Back Again. Im Tryna Work On Vectoring but i need some help. if anyone can, let me know. Thx. Im workin on the bobcats. not really the uniforms just the logo(s). Tell Me what you think of this logo because i really wanna vector it.

Bobcats.jpg?t=1268801841

Thx Anyways

First thing that came to my mind when I looked at that was a shark. I'm not liking the lettering on the teeth so you might want to work that out and just stick with a wordmark at the bottom. The eyes need work done as well. It just looks like a hammerhead to me though.

Archived