Hawaii Hybrid/Throwback Uniforms

kylenotryan

From the response over in the College Football Uniforms 2011 Season topic, I decided to post my first ever concept. I did it years ago when Under Armour became the new uniform provider for Hawaii. I was inspired by the Spring 2008 game where the never-used green Nike jerseys were used with the white practice helmets and old Rainbow Warrior pants. Coack McMackin at the time had promised the return of green as a main color in the uniform as well as the possibility of throwbacks (he's retired/resigned now, so we can only dream of what could have been).

art1a.jpg

And here's the concept:

HawaiiThrowback.jpg

I liked Nike's digital fade/speed stripe that was used in VT's and then Arizona's (and now Fresno State's...shudder) uniforms and integrated them into the rainbow stripes at the sleeves and sides of the pants (not down the butt and hamstring).

Many thanks to the original creator of this template (I'm sorry, it's been so long that I forgot who did it).

Oh that's good.... OOOHHHHH THAT, IS, GOOD!!! Honestly, that would be the perfect fauxback for Hawaii. Excellent job on this!!

(One note though, I think a helmet stripe with the same pattern might look good, but it might also be too much. I don't know, but It would be interesting to see what it would look like).

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

(**)(**)(**)(**) (out of 4)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That's incredible. I have no complaints whatsoever, it's perfect. The patterns and everything works so well together! Really great work!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This is great. The striping really compliments the triangles in the Hawaii logo and on the numbers. Only thing is the rainbow looks a little out of place this way.

What if you applied the rainbow pattern to the triangles on the logo and numbers? Would go great with the pants and jersey striping and really integrate the design. (Or it could look like crud).

This is great. The striping really compliments the triangles in the Hawaii logo and on the numbers. Only thing is the rainbow looks a little out of place this way.

What if you applied the rainbow pattern to the triangles on the logo and numbers? Would go great with the pants and jersey striping and really integrate the design. (Or it could look like crud).

I certainly agree with what he just said. That would make this so much better, IMO.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I certainly agree with what he just said. That would make this so much better, IMO.

Something like this.

UH-Logo-1.png

Something like this.

UH-Logo-1.png

Or this.

hawaiilogo.png

See the change I made?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived