FFL - Franchise Football League

cleiva

I saw a tweet from a friend that posted a random picture of KFC's chicken, and added "Kentucky FC" to the description, so I got the idea of adapting the KFC identity to a soccer kit just to joke around, so I made a quick design and got the one you can see in this post. I'm not that happy from the result, but since I was not intending to make a serious concept I'm ok with this as a start.

Now I'm thinking of making a league with non-sport franchises. I'm really new to the making of sports concepts, so please give me your most sincere C&C.

capturadepantalla201206q.png

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to say that even when I'm a little more into (american)football, I didn't name it "soccer league" because association football is a little more known around the globe. Anyway, I'm still open to change it to FSL.

This is prety cool reminds me of the American football one similar that someone did a while ago, is that meant to be an apron on the uniform? If it is that's genius but not the side, something doesn't feel right about that

Indeed it is an apron. I'm gonna upgrade the design since I made it in a rush, and I even forgot to use an actual Adidas style on it, so I'm taking suggestions for that, too.

This is the first team. C&C are gonna be well received.

Team: KFC

Founded in Kentucky, currently playing in Salt Lake, Utah.

Stadium: The Bucket.

Owner: Col. Sanders

Home Kit

kfcg.jpg

Inspired in the franchise logo and it's colors. The shirt reminds of an apron with the three stripes, like the one the Col. Sander is wearing in the logo.

Away Kit

kfc2m.jpg

Keeping the logo colors for the away, and adding some ketchup and mayo on the sides.

What a cool series. The apron is a stroke of genius, but the away jersey is my favorite. One thing about the apron, I think I would just make it fill up the whole front of the jersey. It still looks like an apron if you have the "straps" and I think it looks cleaner that way. Very nice job for a first concept.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Is the away uni color inspired by their mashed potatoes and gravy?

Maybe subconsciously lol. I just realized the resemblance thanks to you.

[

What a cool series. The apron is a stroke of genius, but the away jersey is my favorite. One thing about the apron, I think I would just make it fill up the whole front of the jersey. It still looks like an apron if you have the "straps" and I think it looks cleaner that way. Very nice job for a first concept.

I hope I got what you're trying to tell me, correct me if I'm wrong. I tried to pull the red up in the jersey, but I think it doesn't work that well, because I would lose the resemblance to the Col. Sanders' apron(the one he's wearing in the logo) with the 'crest' getting in the way of the white stripes.

Now, here's another version of the Home Kit.

kfc1t.jpg

Actually, that wasn't what I meant, although my original post was unclear looking back at it. My bad. This does look better IMO, but what I meant was to have it go all the way AROUND the jersey, because I think the side striping on the shirt is kind of wide. I just meant to cover up most of the white space on the side of the jersey. My bad. Great concept though, and EXCELLENT job on the away.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

OK, I'm still taking advice for the KFC concept, and moving on to the next one.

Next up: 7-Eleven®. Any thoughts? I want to take a little more time with this one since I'm really busy right now, but I'm finding this project so de-stressing that probably this is what I'm gonna be doing in my spare time, so probably I'll post some advance this weekend.

• 1 year later...

Now that I'm back in the forums, I decided to bring this topic back from death.
Luckily, I found the second concept I made back in 2012, and I'm gonna start with that one, because I think it needs some C&C.

Team: KFC
Established: 1972 in Dallas. Texas.
Stadium: Slurpee Arena at Tokyo, Japan
Owner: John J. Green

Home Kit

lh8b.jpg

inspiration: http://iqagroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/uni-8.jpg

Away Kit

gcdj.jpg

inspiration: http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/images/stories/large/2010/07/11/slurp.jpg

BONUS

Goalkeeper Kit

81o6.jpg

interesting concepts! i wanna see some more of them. One thing about the updated home kit of KFC, was that suppose to be yellow armpit stains? Sorry it just looked alot like that way sorry no offense dude. I liked the previous home kits better

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

interesting concepts! i wanna see some more of them. One thing about the updated home kit of KFC, was that suppose to be yellow armpit stains? Sorry it just looked alot like that way sorry no offense dude. I liked the previous home kits better

No offense taken, you're actually right. When I made that, I exclusively used KFC's color palette, so instead of a light shade of gray, I used that yellow-ish. It doesn't look that good now that you mention it lol

It would be fun to see Hardee's or Arby's team kit or a little canadian flavor with Tim Horton :flagcanada:

Hardee's/Carl's Jr are considered, I have a few ideas to make separates team, but I'll probably choose one.

Do one for BDubs

I will for sure.

The goalkeepers kit is amazing!!

Thanks, man! I like a litte more classic look, but gotta admit Slurpee inspired kits are always gonna work

---

Any ideas for upcoming concepts? Sugestions?

Maybe a switch from "franchise" to "brand" league is what I need to have more options, how do you feel about this:

MUNCH CONFERENCE

To-Go Division(6 teams)
KFC

7-Eleven
*Subway

*Hardee's/Carl's Jr

*Popeyes
*Taco Bell

Snack Division(5 teams)
*Doritos
*Pringles
*Cheetos
*Oreo
*Chips Ahoy

DRINK CONFERENCE

Soda Division(5 teams)
*Coca-Cola
*Pepsi
*Mountain Dew
*Dr. Peper
*Fanta

Beer Division
*Budweiser
*Miller
*Heineken
*Corona
*Carlsberg

Both kits look fabulous. On the 7-eleven info, you have the team name as KFC.

Suggestions are to take away Oreos and Chips Ahoy from the snack division and replace it with lays and Pringles. Then get a snack division with

Oreo

Chips Ahoy

Snickers

Milky Way

Butterfinger

Just some thoughts, you don't have to expand

Archived