North Texas Mean Green

Julius Seizure

Next year the Mean Green are movin' on up to C-USA, and to commemorate, I wanted to come up with a new uniform concept for the 2013 season. The logo is the same but I changed all the wordmarks and jersey numbers. Plus, a helmet makeover that features the Mean Green Eagle wings enlarged on both sides.

Here's the old wordmarks:

North-Texas-Helmet.jpg

eagle.jpg

And the new concepts:

UNT_-_Conceptsvg-rect6095-4294966558.png

UNT_-_Conceptsvg-rect7511-95.png

UNT_-_Conceptsvg-rect7930-4294966761.png

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

No Black? Check

Getting rid of the wordmark on the helmet? Check

Use of Kelly Green? Bonus

I really like the uniform, especially the winged helmets.

I'm pretty sure North Texas had been using that wing design for at least a few years before Oregon introduced theirs.

Either way, this is a great concept. I wish it were on NCAA, where North Texas is one of my "go-to" schools (along with Western Michigan) in Dynasty mode.

No Black? Check

I'm pretty sure North Texas had been using that wing design for at least a few years before Oregon introduced theirs.

That's what I was thinking also. Anyway the new word marks are very nice and very "Nike".

mcbqza.jpg

No Black? Check

That's what I was thinking also. Anyway the new word marks are very nice and very "Nike".

Their website shows that they still use the wordmark on the helmets:

http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&SPID=562&SPSID=9058

If you're talking about the eagle, yeah they've had it for a while.

@Julius Seizure: What font did you use for this?

I like it, I also like that you did a North Texas concept (an overlooked team here) but I prefer a darker green like the shade in the above photo.

I'd have to disagree... kelly green is criminally underutilized in sports and it ties into an era when North Texas football had its most well-known figures (Joe Greene, Hayden Fry, Steve Williams aka Stone Cold Steve Austin).

Archived