COMPLETED Hand-Drawn Tampa Bay Rays Concept

TheGiantsFan

Okay, I don't really hate the current Tampa Bay Rays identity, but I feel that it kinda needs an overhaul, so here we go...

So far, I only have initial sketches for my concept:

Bu49cf_CMAEOPEK.jpg

I'd want to lean more towards the "sunnier" aspect of the Rays as I think it'll somewhat diversify the color schemes in the MLB, with a light blue and yellow color scheme for the Rays.

I'd like to ask what cap logo you guys think would be the best. Options 1, 2, and 3 could either be yellow or blue while Option 4 would be of two colors, just like the Twins.

Any feedback is appreciated and I'll try to incorporate them as I tackle the Rays' identity...

~ Daryl

I like dgthree's idea for #4 interlocked. I would say either have the stem of the T behind the B on the top and bottom crossings while in front on the middle, or vice verse. I'm looking forward to another one of your hand-drawn concepts.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I really appreciate it!

I decided to go with mamiller99's suggestion about a white panel cap, dgthree's suggestion on interlocking letter with a layout suggested by AdRice97.

Now that I have a better idea for the cap, any feedback on the scripts before I go on to the next stage of sketches?

I'd say you've made the correct decision with the cap style and logos. With the scripts, I'd suggest putting them on an angle and matching the "T" and "B" on the "Tampa Bay" script to the "T" and "B" of the #4 cap logo. Use the basic font from two scripts on the right. It would be better to use a yellow outline on both home and road, and don't use a tail on the scripts (the tail is a little unnecessary, and the scripts look fine without them). Do that, and you'd have a lovely set for the Rays.

I'd say you've made the correct decision with the cap style and logos. With the scripts, I'd suggest putting them on an angle and matching the "T" and "B" on the "Tampa Bay" script to the "T" and "B" of the #4 cap logo. Use the basic font from two scripts on the right. It would be better to use a yellow outline on both home and road, and don't use a tail on the scripts (the tail is a little unnecessary, and the scripts look fine without them). Do that, and you'd have a lovely set for the Rays.

Thanks for the feedback! I decided to incorporate your suggestions into a sketch design for a home jersey.

I'll stop blabbing and show you what I have so far.

BvDSOlaCAAAYaKU.jpg

I'll still be open to any feedback I receive, but I have the idea of a home jersey with light blue piping throughout with "Rays" spelled out fairly large across the chest. A number and NOB that would be on the back of the jersey are shown on the right and the new cap logo can be seen at the top.

What do you guys think?

~ Daryl

I really like how that home jersey looks.

Thank you!

-------------------------------------------

So before I draw up the final jersey sheet, I'd like your guys' opinion on the wordmarks for the other jerseys in this set.

BvIXAqDCAAAr6IY.jpg

Basically, seen on this picture are the aforementioned wordmarks as well as a potential secondary logo.

The secondary logo could go without the light blue circle, but I am planning to do some sort of roundel for the primary logo.

As for the wordmarks, you see the road wordmark and the alternate jersey wordmarks. There will be a light blue home alt jersey as well as a yellow (home and road) alt jersey.

What do you guys think?

~ Daryl

Well, I got no other feedback, so I decided to go right on ahead in posting the final concept. So here it is!
14950450002_bff53a6664_c.jpg

Earlier today, I came up with a brilliant idea to combine both the devil ray logo (as suggested by MSRebel22) and the sun ray logo as I was originally intending to use. So that's the new primary logo instead of the roundel I was originally planning to do. The jerseys are fairly self-explanatory, with a light blue alt jersey at home and a yellow alt jersey on the road (the yellow jersey could also be used at home, though). The caps also incorporate all the team's colors, with the regular cap with a white front panel along with light blue and yellow caps that go with the colored alt jerseys.

And there's my Tampa Bay Rays concept, guys! Tell me what you guys think of it!

Also, stay tuned as I will be redesigning the San Diego Padres here and I will be posting on my main thread with new updates sometime soon.

~ Daryl

Well, I got no other feedback, so I decided to go right on ahead in posting the final concept. So here it is!

14950450002_bff53a6664_c.jpg

Earlier today, I came up with a brilliant idea to combine both the devil ray logo (as suggested by MSRebel22) and the sun ray logo as I was originally intending to use. So that's the new primary logo instead of the roundel I was originally planning to do. The jerseys are fairly self-explanatory, with a light blue alt jersey at home and a yellow alt jersey on the road (the yellow jersey could also be used at home, though). The caps also incorporate all the team's colors, with the regular cap with a white front panel along with light blue and yellow caps that go with the colored alt jerseys.

And there's my Tampa Bay Rays concept, guys! Tell me what you guys think of it!

Also, stay tuned as I will be redesigning the San Diego Padres here and I will be posting on my main thread with new updates sometime soon.

~ Daryl

Wow, those are great! The ray/sun logo is fantastic. Only thing I'd change would be the alternate.

PATS, BRUINS, CELTICS

As a Rays fan, I love the light blue and yellow color scheme because it fits well with the culture of the Tampa Bay Area and unique compared to the current color scheme. It might be lively enough to eliminate some the drowsiness from the Trop. :P

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Archived