Flyers Jersey Concept

andysoccer12

As a pens fan, i must start out with FLYERS SUCK HAHAHAHAHHA LOSERS!!

And now, jersey C&C...it's nice. I like it and i don't get why people are complaining about the new jersies, its not as bad as people thought it might be. Nice, didn't have to go nuts with the word mark since no one else does that but hey, to each their own insecurities.

Good work though.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

And now, jersey C&C...it's nice. I like it and i don't get why people are complaining about the new jersies, its not as bad as people thought it might be. Nice, didn't have to go nuts with the word mark since no one else does that but hey, to each their own insecurities.

Good work though.

awfully mature.... :mad:

anyway, i really like this concept a lot minus one thing - the shoulder patches need to change, don't think it should be the same as the front logo - but these are good looking sweaters, i'd buy one if they were like this next year

worldchampsll1.png

Good work though.

anyway, i really like this concept a lot minus one thing - the shoulder patches need to change, don't think it should be the same as the front logo - but these are good looking sweaters, i'd buy one if they were like this next year

I dont know what to put on the side. I dont like the Liberty Bell, but the Flyers have never had a different logo, so I am pretty much stumped...

andysoccer12a.png

i agree w/ DJR that your shoulder patches need to change, but if you're not a fan of the Liberty Bell, then i got nothing for you... how's it look if they're just eliminated?

or, how's it look w/ the freaky shiny P from your current 3rds as your main or shoulder?

Good work though.

I've been a Pens fan since 1985, the past few years we were a laughing stock and the Flyers took full advantage of playing this team hard and cheap. Last season, they tried that and pissed off Crosby and started to lose more games to the pens, this year...Pure Domination and there is no excuse but pure suck-age. If you can't be rivals and mock each other, then don't watch sports.

I started out my post as mocking the flyers yes, but i gave C&C to the jersey which i saw as very well done and great, regardless of the team.

So chill out, when you are the worst team (trust me i've had a few years to get used to that), you gotta learn to take things lightly. :hockeysmiley:

BTW: How about just make up a patch for the shoulder, instead of the liberty bell since you hate it so much eventhough it's a Philadelphia landmark type of thing, which is what most teams tend to do when they have no secondary logo.

Or make up a secondary logo, like a P like the Phillies or something...just an idea. For the penguins, we have the old demented pigeon head on the shoulder for a patch which i hate, but whatever.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Good work though.

I've been a Pens fan since 1985, the past few years we were a laughing stock and the Flyers took full advantage of playing this team hard and cheap. Last season, they tried that and pissed off Crosby and started to lose more games to the pens, this year...Pure Domination and there is no excuse but pure suck-age. If you can't be rivals and mock each other, then don't watch sports.

I started out my post as mocking the flyers yes, but i gave C&C to the jersey which i saw as very well done and great, regardless of the team.

So chill out, when you are the worst team (trust me i've had a few years to get used to that), you gotta learn to take things lightly. :hockeysmiley:

BTW: How about just make up a patch for the shoulder, instead of the liberty bell since you hate it so much eventhough it's a Philadelphia landmark type of thing, which is what most teams tend to do when they have no secondary logo.

Or make up a secondary logo, like a P like the Phillies or something...just an idea. For the penguins, we have the old demented pigeon head on the shoulder for a patch which i hate, but whatever.

i'm not saying we're not the worst team in the league, thats a fact right now - i've just always been a fan of people rooting for their own teams and not specifically against someone elses
worldchampsll1.png

Penguins fans should just remember how long they sucked before Crosby. So they really have no room to talk now that the Flyers are having 1 good season.

First of all I'm a Devils fan so I'm not being biased.

Second, you're totally right the Pens did suck before Crosby. I mean, everyone knows that Mario Lemieux was awful during the 90s and last year in Crosby's rookie season the Penguins won the Stanley Cup. :hockeysmiley:

Third, whats up with that last sentence? 'now that the Flyers are having 1 good season' ?!?!

As for your concept, they're both great but I prefer the black one. Use the orange as an alternate.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Good work though.

Seriously, don't give me that crap. The Pens have had the first overall pick for so many years that I've stopped counting. The Flyers? They've competed every year. They've NEVER had first overall except for 1975, when they traded up to get it. That means that everytime your precious Penguins were floundering in the cellar of the league, the Flyers were playing their hearts out every night.

Now that all of the Pens draft picks are finally working, they all of a sudden have a good season and the Flyers have a bad one (thanks Clarke! thanks for trading away all those young guys and draft picks!), and you're acting like "HA! We're the best in the world!" Yeah right, how do you think you got there? Those freaking first overall picks.

People who act like that are stupid because the Flyers have actually competed for the past few years, while the Pens have been sucking and getting the first overall pick. Just because they suddenly have a "good" season doesn't mean you should rant about the Flyers, because they've never gotten first overall. They've never been that bad before.

So, to stay on topic, I'll just repeat what's been said: Lose the logo on the shoulder, maybe use the 3d logo, and make the numbers on the orange jersey white, and you've got it!

Boo hoo...are people going to use the #1 pick BS? Ottawa Senators used and abused that but within the NHL rules and limits where they get the draw they win it, you'd have to be an absolute idiot to think they tanked those years on purpose. Esp the penguins, where losing meant every day that they might lose the team, Ottawa didn't have that problem till much later (lockout season). Flyers are a great team if you cut the fat (hatcher, rathje, gauthier...). They were just really stupid letting Recchi go, with Primeau done, they needed his leadership. The new GM has done a bang-up job so far dumping Neddy. Which is a start, the flyers were a team i used to like in the early 90's even though i was a diehard pens fan from the start and knew of the rivalry. But you have Carter, Richards, Umberger, Pitkanen, Ruzicka (this guy is money in the bank once he gets his head out of his ***) to name a few, there is still Downie and a few others waiting in the wings as well as some decent young goaltenders. So don't give me the whole bad picks thing either, if they took Kesler, they'd have like a good chunk of that one draft year's first round.

There was a stretch the year they got Crosby that they won a good chunk in a row and were fighting when healthy but would suck. The team was in dire straits because of a retarded owner and that led the team down the wrong path.

Penguins are also a team that filed for Bankruptcy and then paid off all their debt within that year of filing, not many businesses have done that. Tampa Bay sucked till Lecavalier and Richards were drafted, then added St.Louis. Flyers sucked the big one till Lindros was added and even then they sold the farm to snag a guy that before his 1st nhl game showed he was a dick.

Penguins drafted Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Staal, and a few others that have panned out and not and are playing well. Boo hoo the Flyers suck the big one this season, makes me laugh. At least IN MY LIFETIME i saw the Penguins win the cup, twice. The Hurricanes went out and bought Recchi and Weight to add to Staal, Brind'Amour, Stillman and others and no one bat's an eye lash. Pens did it years ago and people whine about it. How surely do people forget how the Isles have drafted some of the top players in the past 15 years yet the penguins get bs'ed about Crosby.

Well Sid is a penguin and the best young player in the NHL today and for the rest of the future, deal with it. The way i hate the flyers, is the same way i hate the albertan teams...its a rivalry built up along the years and is just there. Even with Mario, the flyers would beat the pens and in some cases, embarass them. To say Mario was a joke in the 90's is basically saying "i know nothing about hockey other than the boner i have for the team i cheer for" and that's the truth. Flyers have Richards, Carter, Pitkanen, Niity, and a few others coming up and lest we forget, Forsberg and Gagne...but can't hack it. If the PENGUINS had that team last season, they surely would NOT be cellar dwellers. Go hire a broadcaster and have a GM that is a retard, wait, you fired your pompus GM but brought him back to the franchise...now go hire some broadcaster bum, then you can say u felt the bs we did. And then the "Thanks Clarke for trading away our young guys?" lol...are you kidding? Bright future the flyers do have, coaching is a totally different issue. As well as the Gauthier, Rathje, Hatcher pick-ups. That's the fall of the Flyers of this season. Oh and the flyers could have had 1st rounders, cept they just threw that all away to land Eric "i dont wanna play for the nordiques, daddy don't make me" Lindros and gave up Forsberg and a CRAP load of others (thibault etc...).

So let's end this, pens were never bad prior to the bad stretch of years where they were barely able to stay afloat from the bottom. Flyers try every cheap shot in the book to hurt Crosby and end up flat on their faces. I'm done, with this response.

AND AGAIN. NICE jersey design, i like it, it's sharp and works very well with the jersey design that the RBK people have set out for 2007-8. I like the vertical stripes that go up and it just looks clean. Not sure what you can put on the shoulder for the flyers. Maybe the Eastern Conference patch in the flyers colours? How about some player # memorial. Like the islanders have the stripes to give respect to the cups won in the past...that could be something?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I can't complain about how it looks, other than the fact that the shoulder patches are redundant. But, it's just plain generic, seeing as how it's just a couple logos slapped on the All-Star template. It's already been announced that teams are going to keep their current striping for the most part, so there's really no reason to think that a team like the Flyers would recycle the template.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived