England Football Kit Concept

gordie_delini

Well I've seen the leaked photos and watched the videos and felt inspired to create my own design for the new 2009-2011 England football home kit. I've included my original sketch, numbering design, kit design, and detail pic. C&C welcome and appreciated.

The Sketch:

EnglandKitConcept.jpg

The Number design:

EnglandCrest09.gif

The Full kit:

England09Kitconcept.gif

Kit detail:

England09KitConceptDetail.png

OD_Signature.jpg

These are quite nice as usual, very simple but still looks nice. I like the actual jersey template but maybe add a little bit of the navy blue in there? Even if it's a minute detail on the collar or something, I think it might help tie it together a bit more.

a couple of notes on the design, based on the comments. From about 1950 to around 1998, England used a lighter blue on the crest for the three lions, but navy blue on their shorts and socks. I've really tried to evoke the spirit of the kit from the 1950s and early 60s (particularly '66) when England had a plain white shirt, plain navy shorts, and wore red numbers on the shirt (when they were introduced). Ultimately the concept here is going back to the kit's roots while updating it with a modern cut and technology. Thanks for everyone's comments so far :)

OD_Signature.jpg

You could call me stupid when it comes to soccer/futbol/football international terminology or etiquette or whatever, but I am just wondering, why does it say Slovakia on the crest?

some teams put the opponent's name and even the date of the match on their uniforms (England v. Slovakia)

You're stupid. :P^_^

Brian, this is truly an inspired effort and they'd look really classy on the pitch. I like the insert on the back, I think that's my favorite part.

Not to get off topic, but what exactly is the point of having a print / lettering on the inside of the shirt / collar anyway? It's not like you're going to see it on the field...

philly.png

I'm pretty sure the '05-'06 jersey I have features printing inside the collar. I know there are words embossed into the piping (Official 05-06 Kit, I think) at various points on the jersey as well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived